Base SAS Training
Introduction of Base SAS Training:
Base SAS Training is basically stands for statistical analysis system; it was first developed in the 1970s. so if you can see it has been around there for a long time and Base SAS Training is very popular for statistical analysis, in fact for a long time it was the most popular tool used for statistical analysis and a couple of reasons for its popularity include its case of use. The Base SAS Training is ability to robustly handle very large volume of data, although SAS has various components but for this particular course our focus remains on Base SAS. The various other components of cells one is Base SAS, SAS Enterprise guide and another one is Enterprise miner and SAS visual analytics or also known as SAS VA. The Base SAS is sufficient.
Prerequisites of SAS Training:
- Students must have awareness in concepts like Data Analytics, MySQL,SQL.
Module 1 – Base SAS
- SAS interface and library structure and definition Introduction
- Reading data using Datalines & importing and exporting datasets
- Infiles statement – reading raw data
- Formats and Informats
- Variable attributes & data modification using Data & Set statements
- Using conditional statements to modify data – Where, If & Nested IF
- Appending and Merging datasets
- SAS Functions for data manipulation
- Loops & Arrays in SAS
- Basic Proc steps – like Proc Contents
- Proc Format, Proc Report and Proc Tabulate
- Proc steps for the basic statistics – like Proc Univariate and Proc Means
Module 2 – Advanced SAS
- Introduction to SQL – basic DBMS & RDBMS concepts
- Using SQL Procedures in SAS
- Using conditional statements in SQL and aggregate functions
- Data manipulation using the Proc SQL
- Introduction to Macros
- Local and Global declarations
- Using built-in macro procedures and functions
Overview of Base SAS Training:
Base SAS Training is stands for statistical analysis system pronounced as SAS. Base SAS Training is integrated system of software products used in business intelligence. The intelligence products are owned and maintained by the company SAS Inc. there are different areas where SAS cold be used by the programmers, information’s retrieval and data management, report writing and graphics, statistical analysis econometric and data mining, business planning, forecasting and decision support, operations research and object management, quality improvement, applications development and Data warehousing ETL process (extract, transform, load). The Base SAS Training & the Advanced SAS both are the most revered credentials in the programming domain with the worldwide acceptance.
Features of Base SAS Training programming:
The some of features of Base SAS Training product
- SAS programming can process millions of rows and thousands of columns are pretty scalable.
- It has built-in statistical number of functions, it has comprehensive data and time handling functions.
- It has comprehensive functions for handling characters and numeric manipulations it can interact with the database and operating system-level features.
- It could produce outputs in various formats including comma separated values PDF XMLs.
- The SAS Iis based on large-scale software solutions have been produced and they have been produced or used in different business areas including IT management, Human resource management, financial management, Business intelligence, customer relationship management etc.
In-depth Base SAS Training Programming:
Base SAS is being used all over the world in marketing, Big Pharma industries and health sectors, banking and financial sector, Real estate industries, telecom and education sector.
Base SAS Training Manipulating DataMS:
- Create SAS Variables with the assignment statement in the Data step.
- Create data values by using operators including SAS functions.
- Subset variables by using the DROP and KEEP statements.
- Examine the compilation and implementation phases of the DATA step when you study a SAS data set.
- Subset variables by using the DROP=and KEEP=options
A new SAS data set named work.com needs to be created by reading the Orion .sales data set.
Work.com must include the following new variables
- Bonus, which is equal to constant 500
- Compensation, which is the combination of the employee’s salary and bonus
- BonusMonth, which is equal to the month that the employee was hired
Work. Comp must not include the Gender, Salary, Job Title, Country, Birth Date, and Hire Date variables from orion.sales.
Assignment Statements (Review):
Assignment statements are used in the DATA step to update existing variables or create new variables.
Variable = expression;
The assignment statement evaluates an appearance and assigns the resulting importance to variable.
General from of the assignment statement:
Variable = expression;
- Variable names an existing or new variable.
- Expression is a sequence of operands and operators that from a set of instructions that produce a value
SAS Installation Guide:
These instructions are for using VMware Workstation Player in Windows and Linux environment
Step 1: Install VMware Workstation Player. Download the SAS University Edition vApp.
- Install the free VMware Workstation Player using the links provide by your site administrator or from the vmware web site at.
- See the University edition download page and to get the file SAS University Edition vApp.
Step 2: Add the SAS University Edition Vapp to VMware Workstation Player.
- Launch VMware Workstation Player, and then select Open a virtual machine.
- From the Download directory, select the file for the SAS University edition vApp, Click Open, and then Click Import.
- In the Import Virtual Machine dialog box, enter box, enter SAS-University-edition as the name of the new virtual machine.
Step 3: Create a folder for your data and results.
- On your local computer, create a file called SASuniversityEdition and a subfolder called myfolders. You will save all of your SAS University Edition files to this location.
- In VMware Workstation Player, choose the SAS University Edition vApp, and then select Edit virtual machine settings.
- In the Virtual Machine Settings dialog box, select the Options tab. In the left pane, select Shared Folders.
- In the Folder sharing area, select Always enabled.
- In the Folder area, click Add Shared Folder Wizard appears, click Next.
- For the host path click browse, open the SASUniversityEdition folder, and select the myfolders subfolder, click OK, then click NEXT.
Base SAS Training Program Structure:
A SAS program is made of combinations of two main types of “Steps”.
- Data step – Primarily used to create SAS datasets
- PROC Step – Process SAS data to generate reports, graphs, sort and manage data etc.
A valid SAS program may have only DATA step or only PROC step or any combination and sequence of these steps, depending on the objective of the SAS program
SAS Working with Hadoop:
SAS has several technologies for working with data stored in a Hadoop Training cluster, Hadoop storage is for big data. if standard SAS Optimization techniques such as indexes are no longer meeting your performance needs then storing the data in Hadoop could improve performance in many circumstances.