Cassandra Administration Training
Introduction to Cassandra Administration Training:
Cassandra Administration Training is a distributed database from Apache, designed to handle highly scalable and very large amounts of structured and unstructured data. Modern businesses today use Cassandra when a NOSQL database is needed to deal with the massive scale and high performance of the database. It provides a powerful dynamic schema data model that allows maximum flexibility. Global Online Trainings provides Cassandra Administration Training with in-depth knowledge. Cassandra Administration course is trained by best industry experts and the Apache Cassandra Administration training is prepared with best industry updates for offering participants best professional insight over modules. The training is available for individual and corporate batches. To know more about this online training course contact reach at helpdesk of Global Online Trainings today.
Perquisites of Cassandra Administration Training:
Candidate who is taking this course should have the:
- Minimum exposure to Java and database or data warehouse concepts.
- Should also be familiar with Linux Command Line basics.
- Some basic knowledge in SQL statements will also be an added advantage.
Cassandra Administration Online Training outline:
Program Name: Cassandra Administration Training course.
Duration of Course: 30 Hours (It can also be optimized as per required period).
Mode of training: Online, Classroom, and corporate training.
Timings: According to one’s feasibility.
Batch Type: Regular, weekends and fast track.
Materials: Yes, we are providing materials for Apache Cassandra Administration online Training. (We will get the soft copy material)
Sessions will be conducted through WEBEX, GoToMeeting OR SKYPE.
Basic Requirements: Good Internet Speed, Headset.
Trainer Experience: 10+ years.
Course Fee: please register on our website, so that one of our agents will assist you
Overview of Cassandra Administration Training:
Cassandra’s large scale, high performance and failure point does not replace the legacy of the traditional relational database. Cassandra has become the first choice for IT professionals creating modern big data applications. Cassandra NoSQL database is the best when it comes to replicating data between different data centers and cloud platforms. Cassandra supports hybrid on-premise and cloud deployments Cassandra also offers tunable data consistency which means the developer can decide about the data consistency.
There is always a difference between deploying Cassandra in non production project and production project. When planning a Cassandra cluster deployment there are few important things to be considered. These things are listed below
Another major part of planning the Cassandra Cluster deployment is to understand the various node configuration properties. Under this section you will learn about the various configuration decisions to be taken before deploying a Cassandra cluster whether it is a single node or multi node or multi data centre cluster. The properties of configuration are:
- Storage Settings
- Gossip Settings – Purging Gossip state on a node
- Partitioner Settings
- Snitch Settings – Configuring the Property file snitch
Performance Monitoring Strategies:
Performance monitoring is very common these days. Companies are obsessive about performance monitoring. There are so many tools and metrics to monitor performance these days. Cassandra mainly deals with scalability and needs to monitor performance to scale. In Cassandra it is important to monitor and evaluate the performance of groups.
Through monitoring you will be able to identify slowdowns and resource limitations. There are few areas in Cassandra which necessarily requires performance monitoring. These areas are
- Read and Write requests
- Read and Write Latency
- Disk Space
- Frequency and Duration
- Errors and Overruns
Cassandra Performance Metrics:
There are different types of performance metrics in Cassandra. Each metric type has its own API and use case. But only few metric types are more popular among the developers. The different metric types included are:
These metrics are explained in detail with example:
- Gauges Vs Counters
- Metric Units
- Monitoring Platforms – Graphite, Grafana, InfluxDB, Ganglia, CollectD, Hosted
- Throughput – Read throughput, Write Throughput
- Latency – Read Latency, Write Latency
- Disk Usage
- Garbage Collection
- Errors and Overruns
What is Cassandra Administration?
Apache Cassandra is an open source distributed database management system designed to handle large volumes of data on many commodity servers, providing high availability without a single point of failure. Cassandra provides robust support for clusters spanning multiple datacenters, with asynchronous masterless replication allowing low latency operations for all clients. Cassandra has become the solution for managing big data applications in every industry that is exploding.
Who should go for this Cassandra Administration online Training?
This course is targeted towards the following people:
- IT professionals dealing with large volumes of data
- Working professionals looking for a career development in NoSQL and Cassandra
- IT developers and database developers who want to get placed in a better organization
- Graduates who are working on database management projects
- Students, researchers or anyone who is interested in knowing about NoSQL and Cassandra
What is the course objective of Cassandra Administration tutorial?
Apache Cassandra is a free, open-source project and a second-generation distributed NoSQL database and is considered the best choice for high availability and scalability databases, especially when dealing with large amounts of data. Cassandra supports replication across multiple datacenters, but highly scalable write and read processes by providing tunable consistency. This Apache Cassandra training course will show you an overview of the basics of Big Data and NoSQL databases, Cassandra and its features, architecture and data model, its role in the Hadoop Big Data ecosystem and how to install it and also to Configure and monitor Cassandra.
What you’ll learn in Cassandra Administration course?
- Create, install, and configure a Cassandra cluster
- Use tools to monitor cluster availability and performance
- Export data into different data formats
- Use primary index and secondary indexes correctly to perform queries on data
- Backup and restore data to secure the system in the event of failure
- Tune the performance of Java Virtual Machine (JVM), caches, and compaction
- Conduct a stress test on a Cassandra cluster and interpret the performance results
- Scale in and out of a Cassandra cluster
Important Features of Cassandra
This are the important features of Cassandra:
- Scalability – It is highly scalable and it allows the users to add more hardware and data if needed
- Availability – Cassandra has no single point of failure and it is continuously available for business
- Fast Linear Scale Performance – It maintains a quick response time
- Flexibility – Cassandra deals with all types of data like structured, semi structured and unstructured. It can accommodate itself to the data structures accordingly
- Easy data distribution – It helps to replicate data across various data centers
- Transaction support – Cassandra supports Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation and Durability (ACID )
- Cassandra is fault tolerant
- It contains a more powerful column family data model and is column oriented database
Components of Cassandra Administration Training:
The key components of Cassandra are as follows −
- Node− It is the place where data is stored.
- Data center− It is a collection of related nodes.
- Cluster− A cluster is a component that contains one or more data centers.
- Commit log− The commit log is a crash-recovery mechanism in Cassandra. Every write operation is written to the commit log.
- Mem-table− A mem-table is a memory-resident data structure. After commit log, the data will be written to the mem-table. Sometimes, for a single-column family, there will be multiple mem-tables.
- SSTable− It is a disk file to which the data is flushed from the mem-table when its contents reach a threshold value.
- Bloom filter− These are nothing but quick, nondeterministic, algorithms for testing whether an element is a member of a set. It is a special kind of cache. Bloom filters are accessed after every query.
Replication and Sharding:
Replication is the process of storing copies of data on several nodes to make sure that the data is reliable and without any faults. Caching is a form of replication. Replication in Cassandra helps to provide high performance and continuous availability. Because of replication if a machine fails due to the partition the cluster will still be able to make the data available.
- Replication factor – Cassandra has a configurable replication factor which lets you to know how much performance is required to attain more consistency. The consistency level for reading and writing data depends totally on the replication factor as it denotes the number of nodes through which you have replicated data.
- Replication Strategy – This is also known as the placement strategy. This strategy determines how the replicas has to be distributed. Choosing the right replication strategy is very important because it is this strategy which determines which nodes are responsible for key ranges and which nodes are responsible for writing data. The different strategies are simple strategy, old network topology strategy and network topology strategy. These strategies are explained in detail under this chapter with few examples. Pictorial representation of Replica for a particular row key for different strategies are given in this chapter for your easy understanding.
Sharding is also known as Shared Nothing architecture. Adding Sharding to your Cassandra architecture is yet another way to scale a relational database. This method has been used by large websites like eBay. Sharding means dividing the data into different portions and hosting them separately instead of hosting it all in a single server. In Sharding there is no shared state and each node is considered independent. In order to shard the data you first need to find a good key in which the records should be ordered. You can shard the data based on certain factors related to the data.
There are three basic strategies to find out shard structure:
- Feature based Shard
- Key Based Shard
- Lookup Table
These strategies are explained in detail under this:
Sharding helps to scale more precisely. It’s good to learn about Sharding in Cassandra as it helps to know about the data distribution across nodes.
What is a NoSQL database?
A NoSQL or Not Only SQL is a set of databases that provide a way to store and retrieve data that is not in the standard tabular format followed by relational databases. The NoSQL databases of which Cassandra is a very popular database share some common features and attributes. The NoSQL databases do not have any schema, they support easy replication of data, they have a simple API, they do not exhibit the ACID properties but are eventually consistent and finally last but not the least, they can handle huge volumes of data.
Some of the properties of a NoSQL database include:
- It has a simple design
- It is scalable horizontally
- It has finer control over availability
Conclusion to Cassandra Administration Training:
Cassandra Administration training is a distributed database from Apache that is highly scalable and designed to manage huge amount of unstructured data. Apache Cassandra is a very scalable, high-performance distributed database designed to handle large amounts of data across many commodity servers, providing high availability with no single point of failure. It is a type of NoSQL database.
Global online trainings provides the best Cassandra Administration training by the corporate trainer. Cassandra Database Administration training helps you to learn basics and advance concepts Cassandra Administration tutorial in an effective and practical manner. It has created a huge number of job opportunities across the world. In the salary-wise, Cassandra Admin professionals are getting paid handsome salaries. Global Online Trainings is the best place to explore the knowledge and skills. The global online training team will always be available to clarify your doubts regarding Cassandra Administration online training. If you have any doubts regarding this Cassandra Administration certification training, please feel free to contact the help desk.