Checkpoint Firewall Training
CHECKPOINT FIREWALL TRAINING INTRODUCTION:
Checkpoint Firewall is an international provider of software and combined hardware and software products for IT Security, including network security, endpoint security, data security and security management. A Network Administrator needs to be constant aware of the threats to the organization’s network, data and protect these by proactive deployment of firewalls and instruction prevention systems.
Checkpoint Firewall Training designed with Checkpoint Firewall architecture and checkpoint terminology. Global Online Trainings gives high quality training and we also provide cost effective learning. Register yourself in the website to know more about this course, to gear you in and around the Checkpoint Firewall and its specialization.
Checkpoint Firewall Training Prerequisites:
- Attendees should have knowledge on troubling, basic security concepts.
checkpoint firewall Online training Course Content
Introduction About the Checkpoint Firewall Training
- Introduction to the Checkpoint firewall
- Modular nature of the Checkpoint firewall
- Functionalities of the Management
- The FW-1 & GUI modules
Checkpoint installation Types
- The Hardware platform
- Checkpoint Rule base concepts – Checkpoint Firewall Training
- The IP spoofing
Installation of the Checkpoint on SPLAT
- Initial configuration of the Splat
- Web access to the Checkpoint-Checkpoint Firewall Training
- Download & Installation of smart console
Accessing the Checkpoint through smartdashboard
- Checkpoint objects description
- Anti-spoofing configuration-Checkpoint Firewall Training
- NAT Configuration
- The URL Filtering
- The Antivirus inspection
- Content Analysis
Checkpoint Firewall Training User Authentication
- The User Authentication
- The Session Authentication
- The Client Authentication
- IPSEC VPN
Objectives for Checkpoint Firewall Training:
- Fundamentals of Checkpoint firewall architecture.
- The different models and operating systems for Checkpoint Firewalls.
- Components of the management GUI.
- Packet order of operation.
- How to create security and NAT rules.
- Common troubleshooting commands.
Checkpoint Firewall Architecture:
Checkpoint products are based on three tier technology architecture, following section provides you brief overview, more detail knowledge will be provided as a part of Checkpoint Firewall Training
GUI: A Smart Dashboard is a smart console FGUI application that is used by the system administrator to create and manage the security policy.
MM: The Security Management server used by the system administrator to manage the security policy. The organization’s databases & security policies are stored on the Security Management.
FW: The Security Gateway enforces the organizations security policy & acts as a security enforcement point.
Distributed Deployment: Gateway and the Security server are installed on separate machines.
Standalone Deployment: The Security management server and the gateway are installed on the same machine.
Gateway: The software component that enforces the organizations security policy & acts as a security enforcement point.
Security Policy: The policy created by the system administrator that regulates the flow of incoming and outgoing communications.
Security Management server: The server used by the system administrator to manage security policy. The organizations databases & the security policies are stored on the security management server and downloaded to the gateway. Further will be discussing as a part of Checkpoint Firewall Training
Smart Console: GUI applications that are used to manage various aspects of security policy enforcement. For example, smart view tracker is a smart console application that manages logs.
Smart Dashboard: A Smart Console GUI application that is used by the system creates and manages the security policy.
Overview of Firewall Features :
- Internet technology is the driving worldwide business revolution. The reach of the Internet extends deep within enterprise network, blurring the line between private & public networks. While you join for Checkpoint Firewall Training you will see how you can use critical communications travelling over heterogeneous networks, security deployments must to protect enterprise networks against intrusion & ensure the privacy & integrity of the communications. This requires an complete enterprise-wide security solution that protects networks, applications, and users — all the elements of the enterprise network. Check Point’s Secure Virtual Network architecture uniquely delivers end to end network security, enabling enterprises to protect the business-critical Internet, intranet & extranet traffic
- Security has always been one of the most important aspects of network. As security deployments become more complicated with addition
- of mobile connectivity & the Web services, enterprises are looking for comprehensive answers. With the joint solution between security leader
- Check Poin , and the secure application traffic management leader F5 Networks, enterprises can expect intelligent performance, scalability and extensible integration,& the highly secure solution for any network. More detail knowledge will be provided as a part of Checkpoint Firewall Training
- The BIG-IP product has achieved OPSEC certifi cation from Check Point, and provides high availability load balancing, administration, management,
- security, & extensibility for Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 deployments utilizing their state synchronization capabilities.
Importance of Checkpoint:
listed below are few importance, more we will discover a in Checkpoint Firewall Training
- It has specialized vendors, who are only firewall creators.
- It has more granualirity, it has connection based granularity.
- It is open, it means it has multiple hardware platforms and multiple operating systems for management server.
- It has good better management tools as it has got smart console
- It has simpler GUI, which means more friendly GUI and easy to troubleshoot.
- It has no java in-compatibility issue.
Checkpoint Firewall has got the smart architecture:
- The Check Point has Three-Tier Architecture
- SmartConsole , it has the Client on the admin machine
- SmartCenter Server , it has Security Management Server
- Security Gateway has Enforcement Unit and The real FW, join for Checkpoint Firewall Training and learn more detailed architecture view.
- It is an stand alone deployment, as it has got client software on client machine, has a secure platform, management server and enforcement unit.
- Distributed deployment: it has secure platform, management server is an another hardware, and client software on client machine.
Firewalls control the traffic between the internal and external networks and are the core of a strong network security policy. Check Point Software Blades are a set of security features that makes sure that the Security Gateway or Security Management server gives the correct functionality and performance. The Check Point Firewall is part of the Software Blade architecture that supplies “next-generation” firewall features, including:
- VPN and mobile device connectivity
- Identity and computer awareness
- Internet access and filtering
- Application control
- Intrusion and threat prevention
- Data Loss Prevention
Components of the Check Point Solution:
Overview is listed below, more detail will discuss as a part of Checkpoint Firewall Training
- Internet and external networks
- Security Gateway
- Security Management server
- Internal network