Citrix XenDesktop Training
CITRIX XENDESKTOP TRAINING INTRODUCTION:
Citrix Xendesktop Training course provides the foundation necessary for administrators to effectively centralize and manage desktop in the data center and deliver them as a service to users anywhere. Participants will learn how to select a desktop delivery the model for each user group based on their needs, build proof of concept and production Xendesktop environments, assign virtual desktops to the users and customize the user experience through policies.
Citrix Xendesktop Training also provides instruction on how to build a provisioning services farm to enable single image desktop management, and how to host the virtual machines on the client device using Citrix XenClient.
- Basic knowledge of purpose and goals of virtualization technology.
- Understanding of computing architecture, including network and storage device drivers, and operating systems.
- Basic experience installing and administering windows server 2008 R2.
- Basic understanding of server, desktop, and application virtualization concepts.
XenDesktop Training Course Content
Introduction to XenDesktop
- Desktop Delivery
- XenDesktop Architecture
- XenDesktop Communication
Preparing to Install XenDesktop
- Desktop Delivery Controller Consideration
- Planning Farm Configurations
- Identifying Desktop Delivery Controller Best Practices
- Planning the XenDesktop Scalability
- Planning Security Considerations
- Identifying System Requirements
- Additional Infrastructure Consideration
- Managing Active Directory
- Identifying Licensing Considerations
- Planning User Desktop Connectivity
- Desktop Delivery Controller Installation
- Installing the Desktop Delivery Controller
- License Server Installation
- Installing License Server Software
- License Files
- Generating & Downloading Licenses
- Copying License File
- Running Discovery
- XenDesktop Preparation
- Desktop Provisioning
- Creating a vDisk
- Virtual Desktop Agent Installations
- Installing the Virtual Desktop Agent
- XenDesktop Setup Wizard Installation
- Installing the XenDesktop Setup Wizard
Configuring Desktop Groups
- User Segmentation
- Security Considerations
- Desktop Group Properties
- Desktop Group Management
- Creating a Desktop Group in XenDesktop Setup Wizard
- Creating a Desktop Group in Access Management Console
- Modifying Idle Pool Settings
- Managing Farm Settings
- Configuring the Administrator Permissions
- Managing Policies
- Troubleshooting Common Issues
Preparing the Desktop Receiver
- Access Modes
- Endpoint Devices
- Managed and Unmanaged Endpoint Devices
- Connection Decisions
- XenDesktop User Experience
- Desktop Receiver Installation
- Installing Desktop Receiver Software
- Installing Desktop Receiver Embedded Software
- Managing the USB Support
- Managing Smart Cards
Course Objectives for Citrix XenDesktop Training:
- Determine best Flexcast delivery model for each user group.
- Build a Xendesktop proof of concept environment.
- Configure the Xenserver host for desktop delivery.
- Build and configure a production Xendesktop site.
- Manage virtual desktop as a single entity by creating a desktop catalog.
- Modify a desktop image without impacting user productivity.
- Restrict or allow certain Xendesktop features using the policies.
- Monitor site activity and troubleshoot issues in Desktop Director.
- Install & Configure provisioning services.
- Copy a desktop image to a virtual disk that can be streamed to virtual & physical target devices.
- Identify XenClient infrastructure.
- Install & Configure Synchronizer for XenClient.
Citrix XenDesktop Training Overview:
Citrix Xendesktop is the leading platform for virtualizing windows desktops. It is one of the most dominant solutions for desktops as a service to users anywhere. End users can then securely & remotely access desktops, possibly limited only by network bandwidth, data center capacity and lack of user licenses. Desktop virtualization, also known as a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), uses essentially the same technologies required for server virtualization. VDI tremendously enhances any organization’s potential for desktop management, and this component can substantially reduce costs. Design to give system administrators and end users the best of both worlds, VDI offers standardization, centralization and extended hosting capabilities and provides a seamless, full PC desktop experience for the end users even for those who prefer to use thin clients either in the office or from a remote location.
It also offers ability to host and centrally manage desktops in the data center while giving end users a full PC desktop experience identical to that of a regular PC. This transparent experience is available from current PCs or a thin client device, from the same office or remotely. Citrix Xendesktop’s open architecture offers choice & flexibility when it comes to your virtualization platform and endpoints. This solution simplifies your desktop management contrary to many other alternatives through use of only one image to deliver personalized desktops to both virtual & physical devices. This encompasses those within the data center or at the endpoint. Fully enabling your IT professionals to manage services levels, complete with integrated performance monitoring.