COGNOS BI TRAINING
COGNOS BI TRAINING COURSE INTRODUCTION:
Cognos bi provides tool for data warehousing and data modelling, through the report development and advanced visualization. Cognos bi training provides you, the knowledge regarding the comprehensive and feature rich business analytics product suites. The prerequisites to learn this cognos bi is the person should have the prior knowledge on Microsoft windows and office suits.
Cognos bi training at Global Online Trainings is rich at providing the online training as well as corporate trainings on this vast and upcoming IBM tool. The entire training is done with latest business updates and development hence the participants can expect grand exposure in the field of Information Technology.
- Attendees should have basic knowledge of Databases.
COGNOS BI ONLINE TRAINING COURSE CONTENT:
Cognos Business Intelligence Training Introduction
- Describe Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) and Financial Performance Management (FPM)
- Describe Cognos BI components
- Describe Cognos architecture at a high level
- Define Cognos groups and roles
- Explain how to extend Cognos BI
Consume Content in Cognos BI
- Identify the advantages of using Cognos Connection
- Schedule and manage reports
- Personalize and organize content
Create Reports in Cognos BI Training
- Create ad hoc queries in the Query Studio
- Create reports in Report Studio
- Analyze data using Analysis Studio
- Work with Cognos Business Insight Advanced
Create Dashboards in Cognos BI training
- Describe Cognos Business Insight
- Explore navigation & general functionality
- Create a dashboard from existing content
- Modify an existing dashboard
- Collaborate on a dashboard
Create Metadata Models in Cognos BI
- Define Framework Manager and its purpose
- Describe the Framework Manager environment
- Describe Transformer capabilities and its role in Cognos BI
- Describe Transformer components
Extend Cognos Business Intelligence
- Describe Cognos Mobile
- Explain Cognos for Microsoft Office
- Describe Cognos Event Studio
- Explain Cognos Metric Studio
What is Cognos BI?
Cognos is IBM’s business intelligence and performance management software suite. The software designed to the enable business users without technical knowledge to extract corporate data, analyze it and assemble reports. Cognos business intelligence training provides reports, analysis, dashboards and scoreboards to help support the way people think and work when they are trying to understand the business performance. You can freely explore information, analyze key facts and quickly collaborate to align decisions with key stakeholders.
Cognos BI Training Overview:
The Cognos BI online training course is designed to provide knowledge and skills to become a successful business analyst. The course starts with fundamentals concepts like Cognos Architecture, Cognos services. Troubleshooting the server environment and covers advanced topics like analysis and query studio, advanced and interactive reporting Cognos administration and a technical deep dive in Cognos. You will also get an opportunity to explore dynamic cubes, how to style OLAP queries, thereby helping you to get end-to-end experience on how to use the Cognos tool effectively for business.
Course Objectives for Cognos BI Training:
- Introduction to architecture of Cognos BI.
- How to use framework manager to create hierarchies, metadata, securing data and packages.
- Learn about the different studios in Cognos BI.
- Understanding of business insight dashboards and query studio.
Cognos BI Architecture:
The Cognos BI architecture is built on various technologies, such as extensible markup language (XML), simple object access protocol (SOAP) and web services definition language (WSDL) and hence it is platform independent. This architecture was built to provide the scalability, availability and openness.
The Cognos BI training architecture is divided into three tiers based on the business functions:
Web server: All the communications over the web is routed through the gateways which reside on one or more servers.
Applications: It consists of one or more servers which processes the requests received from the gateways.
Data: The data tier is repository to the store various types of data.
Each tier is separated by network firewalls. Cognos Business Intelligence user interfaces are placed above all the tiers.
Features of Cognos Business Intelligence Architecture:
- It does not occupy any space on client’s server.
- It supports load balancing not only by scaling up, but also by scaling out by adding the new server- machine instances, even without an external load balancer.
- It integrates with various web technologies.
- It is a platform independent, scalable and reliable.
- It is open and extensible.
- It supports the leading RDBMS to persist data that is related to the content management and reporting.
- It is multilingual.
- The data is more secure as it is guarded by the firewall.
Related Modules for Cognos BI Training:
Cognos BI Data Manager Developer:
Intended for developer of Cognos BI training data manager to build data matters with enterprise data. The participants will learn how to move, merge, consolidate, and transform data from range of data sources to build and maintain subject area data marts. They will also create and connections to data sources and targets, as well as deliver fact dimensions data to mart through the use of builds & the dimensional framework. In addition, participants will learn how to automate common functionality and handle complex data issues, such as unbalanced the hierarchical structures.
Cognos BI Framework Developer:
Intended for developer of Cognos framework manager. It provides introductory to advanced knowledge of metadata modelling concepts, and how to model metadata for the predictable reporting and analysis results using Framework manager. Participates will learn the full scope of metadata modelling process, from initial project creation, to publishing of metadata to the web , enabling end users to easily author reports and analyze data.
Cognos BI Author Boot camp:
Intended for power users, developers & administrators who are responsible for authoring Cognos BI training reports. This module covers an introduction to Cognos connection, basic report building techniques, and how to enhance, customize, and manage professional reports in report studio. Through the interactive practices, users will learn the report building process and basic report management.
Cognos BI Administrator:
Intended for administrator who are responsible for creating and maintaining Cognos BI training architecture. It provides to learn how to identify components and sub components of the IBM Cognos 8 architecture and how to troubleshoot these components using the various tools & techniques. Participates will identify Cognos 8 components, examine how these components interact with the java, and identify specific example of request flows through the system.