Cognos TM1 Training
INTRODUCTION of COGNOS TM1 TRAINING:
Cognos TM1 Training is an enterprise planning software that empowers clients to center around the whole lifecycle of the business. IBM Cognos TM1 Online Training is a community-oriented OLAP with multi-dimensional features that can be questioned through the standout and also web. The Cognos TM1 empowers you to work together on plans, budgets, forecast and exuberant highlights that assistance drives better business choice with less time for usage easily.
Cognos TM1 Training conveys collaborative condition with brought together organization and database administration and outfits business with the scorecard and forecasting capacity. It improves manage security workflow and ability to contribute from multiple users then you have in clarity.
Prerequisites of Cognos TM1 Training:
- Basic knowledge of SQL Server, Tableau, OLAP, and TM1.
- Knowledge of IBM Cognos.
IBM cognos tm1 10.2.2 Online Course Content:
Installation and configuration of tm1
- Important files in tm1
- Create a new tm1 server
- Create an application in tm1
Introduction to ibm cognos tm1
- Ibm cognos solution of Cognos TM1 Training
- Financial performance management
- What is olap
- Olap vs. Oltp (relational)
- Dimensional analysis example
- Examine olap data structures
- Cognos Tm1 training olap solution
- Use different tm1 user interfaces
- Examine tm1 users
- Examine tm1 technology
- What is a dimension
- What is an element?
- Using weights with elements
- Using attributes
- Create dimensions
- Modify existing dimensions
- What is turbo integrator
- Create a dimension using turbo integrator
Build cubes and views
- Store data in cubes
- Build cube
- Consider dimension order
- Name the cube
- Create a view
Load and maintain data
- Determine the data source
- Review the data structure
- Load data with turbo integrator
- Import data from an ascii file – IBM Cognos TM1 Online Training
- Using formulas in variables
- Import data from an odbc source
- Use turbo integrator to maintain the model
- Clear data froma cube using a process
Add business rules
- Add business logic
- Create a rule
- Use a function in a rule
- Optimize your rules
- Using feeder statements
- Add skipcheck and feeders
Automate common processes using scripts
- Review scripting with turbo integrator
- Benefits of custom scripts
- Use tm1 as a data source
- Use chores with turbo integrator
Customize drill paths
- View related data
- Create a drill path in Cognos TM1 Training
- Create a drill-through path to a view in another cube
- Create a drill path to an odbc source
Present data and reports
- Objectives of Cognos TM1 Training
- Organize content in a tm1 application
- Using application folders:
- Add tm1 objects and external files to an application
- Build worksheets with action buttons
- Add an action button to a worksheet
- Use worksheet controls to present data
- Use controls for data validation
- Use toolbars to add controls
- Add a data validation control to a microsoft excel spreadsheet
- Cognos TM1 training Format reports
- Change the formatting on a report and create a custom menu
- Configure tm1 for workflow
- Review tm1 security
- Add users and groups to tm1 security
- Install workflow
- Create a workflow process
Integrate with ibm cognos 8 bi
- Benefits of ibm cognos 8 integration
- Integrate ibm cognos tm1 with ibm cognos 8 bi
- Create a portlet with tm1 web
Introduction to executive viewer
- Explore executive viewer
- Explore the executive viewer client interface
- Create a view and connect to a data source
- Examine a cube
- Examine views
- Focus on specific data
- Select and arrange members
- Drag and drop, stack, and hide dimensions
What is Cognos?
Cognos is a BI (Business Intelligence) tool mainly used for reporting. In Cognos, we have various studios like query studio, analysis studio, even studio, report studio, business inside and business in advance. Cognos helps in analytical reporting, operational reporting, source carding, ad-hoc reporting, and even notification. The Cognos is a web-based tool, so both the developer as well as end-user would be doing their development so on the web. It is also they would be viewing the results on the web. It is supported both Relational Analytical Processing as well as Multi-Dimensional Analytical Processing. You would be dealing with your relational data as well as your multi-dimensional data.
What is IBM Cognos TM1?
Cognos TM1 Training is essential when you here TM1. The TM1 is a term used to describe the back-end OLAP cube the database engine. The cube is TM1 but TM1 is also the whole package including the front end that provides do with planning analysis and profitability. It is multi-dimensional cube environment and little different than clarity in that the intent is that you will use many cubes to support your solution., In this you are just using one or two cubes. It’s a high-end 64-bit in-memory engine so it’s very powerful to support literally thousands of users if you need to do that.
Some key points for you as clarity clients is that we can the clarity look and feel if you want to do that so you have very little training from the general end-user perspectives. You have the ability to build all your reports in Exel post them up to the web and leverage. Cognos TM1 Training is make available in the power of a scalable, controlled, secure, environment but being able to use Exel as your reporting engine. In clarity you know that you have versioning as many of you used to support different models in TM1 there’s a feature called Sandbox.
Overview of Cognos TM1 Training:
IBM Cognos TM1 Online Training is a powerful solution that is like Excel on steroids. It allows to leverage the knowledge has in Excel but puts it in a dynamic 64-bit in-memory cube based engine underling. Allowing leveraging huge data sets with rapid data load and querying response times. Cognos TM1 Training follow
- Powerful planning and analysis
- Integrated scorecards and strategy management
- Flexible modeling
- Engagement with more users
TM1 leverages a cube based structure someone like pivot tables but TM1 can have up to 256 dimensions in a single cube. The multiple cubes combined together can form a robust planning solution that can many plans together including marketing, sales, HR, complex and of course your financial plans. You make change in a marketing plan it should impact your sales and ultimately your financial plan. For the end users they will be presented easy to use web sheets that resemble Excel where they can enter their budget or forecast data.
- Driver-Based (they can change assumption and drivers make comments on their data)
- What if Analysis (they can do what-if analysis)
- Sandbox Versions (even create their own sandbox versions)
- Data Spreading Capabilities (the system provides out-of-the-box charting and data spreading capabilities)
For those of you that would be administrators of your planning solution, and the data aggregates in near-real-time no more late aggregating spreadsheets. In TM1 IBM added a new component that provides the power user with a visual based tool that helps build the logic and calculations in your models simplifying the build process. The power user also gets turbo integrator that allows you to bring structure and data from other source like your chart of accounts from your GL and your employee lists from ATP. It also empowers to push forecast and plan data out to a data warehouse or third-party reporting tool. A loadstar solution specializes in providing planning solutions.
The strength of Cognos TM1 Training:
- Customer Adoption
- Accelerated Innovation
- Comfort of Support
- Global Scale
Integrating IBM Cognos TM1 and BI:
Cognos TM1 Training is a very robust budgeting, forecasting and planning what if modeling financial reporting tool. It’s like Excel and super steroids. And if you only have BI which tends to look at actual and what has occurred like driving down the road with only a real rumor because you’re not seeing where you want to go if you’re only reporting on actual you see where you’ve been. The cube is going to be passing data from TM1 into BI. It can be follow design to meet business requirements
- Reporting Requirement
Cognos TM1 Training provides the level of details of where we want to go and where our forecast is guiding us. The flexibility you want in the model even if you are not going to add certain functionality coming out of the gate with TM1. In IBM Cognos TM1 Online Training, it’s very important that you design your models, understanding, appreciating and acknowledging your reporting requirements. To consider is your TM1 and BI security are going to be integrated. In Cognos BI Training, their reporting live TM1 want to consider having separate reporting cubes within TM1.
Cognos BI TM1 10.2.2 – Complex report:
Cognos BI and TM1 10.x app cube could be any other like data source. In this case it’s a team one and also got a single package that has multiple cubes inside. The objective is to be able to just run a report which has some default prompts based on the first record. It will quite happily change the information on the report. This is just showing you the package which we’ve got called Sales. The Sales Playing and sales report they both have a time dimension, so the sales plan has a year and month separate.
Why do we need to upgrade IBM Clarity?
- In Cognos TM1 Training, most of you will know if you are in clarity version 5 or version 6 the support from IBM for clarity version 6. There is number one reason why you need to upgrade if you were on any version of clarity prior to version 7.
- You are out of support with IBM. The technically out of support as have mentioned before IBM will still take your call but for all intents and purposes you are an unsupported version of clarity and missing out on a lot of the new things that are out there.
- The other reason, of course, is that there are new versions since version 7. There have been a number of releases in the version 7 series of clarity and the most recent version was in November. It is clarity version 7.2.16 FP1. In this latest version certainly, you want to keep up because it will allow using it in the operating systems.
- This webinar the latest version will support TM1 as a database for your clarity front-end so instead of clarity running against your app space or Microsoft OLAP. Cogons TM1 training is as well future releases being planned as we work with IBM product management.
- Cognos TM1 Training is a new release plans for Q2 of this year and then ultimately Q2 of 2014. Essentially it is to keep your version of clarity up to date with operating system and integrated systems.
- New versions coming out it will be supported and going forward. IBM is still investing very much in clarity, it still a strong product that can support your needs going forward and once you get into clarity 7.
- IBM Cognos TM1 Online Training should be no need going forward for you have to do the report rewrites that are required to get you from 5and 6 to 7 that should never happen again. Global Online Trainings provide best online training and corporate individual batches for IBM Cognos TM1 Training with remote access by top expert trainers.
Why Cognos TM1 Training?
Cognos TM1 Training is as we mentioned that it is the strategic product coming out from IBM to support what clarity does for you budgeting planning and forecasting. As a result IBM has put out a licensing equivalency incentive for us clarity clients. Ultimately what that means is for every end-user license of clarity that you have today if you go to Cognos TM1. You can swap out your clarity license for a TM1 and user license at new no charge. So if you have fifty sixty a hundred users of clarity that can be a substantial savings to be able to get those end-user licenses at no charge. IBM Cognos TM1 Online Training is an incentive specifically for you to clarity clients.
IBM can help you in your transition to TM1. It is the strategic direction as many of you identified one of the reasons that you would think about moving would be for strategic direction needs. Cognos TM1 Training really you can consider it as clarity on steroids. It is very much high and enterprise wide environment to support multi cubes or client server architecture.
Cognos Administration is part of the web-based IBM Cognos gateway named Cognos Connection and can be gotten to through the dispatch menu in Cognos Connection. The Cognos Administration is control access to particular item capacities, and highlights inside the capacities, for example, administration and reporting, bursting and user-characterized SQL.
IBM Cognos Express:
Cognos TM1 Training is exists within Cognos Express as a product as well. It includes all of the business intelligence capabilities that you’re going to want for reporting, dashboarding, analytic and capability. It does have a restriction though as a maximum 100 users. So if you are large environments then Cognos Express probably is not the product for you but if you can support less than a hundred users. And you are interested in the additional capabilities of business intelligence. In Cognos TM1 Training, a package of Cognos Express including these new features. It is very much a viable option for clarity clients and it is very competitively priced as well.
Cognos Express (CX) – Varied Needs:
- It supports iPad / Activity Reports, Business Insight, Drill-Through, TM1 cubes, SPSS Models and metrics.
- So if you have got end users who want to information in a mobile way.
- Cognos TM1 Training can support that the business insight for detailed dashboard reporting the drill through reports.
- The TM1 cube that’s more like your budgeting planning that you are doing as well as you can get into the predictive.
- IBM Cognos TM1 Online Training supports the leveraging the SPSS. You can put predictive measures into reports.
- There is quite an integrated set of features and capabilities in Cognos Express.
- That for clarity clients presents an opportunity to transition from clarity into Cognos Express put all of your budgeting, planning, and forecasting needs. it has those built within the TM1 components but then also have these other capabilities as well.
- Cognos TM1 Training is kind of where we were talking about that you’re able to if you’re thinking about that spend to get from clarity 5 and 6 up to clarity 7.
Applications of Cognos TM1 Training:
The Cognos TM1 Training applications allow you to manage the states of particular regions, accounts, products, and etc. the business depending on western of approval hierarchy. In this case, we’re going to check out and edit a particular region in the corporate TM1 and TM workflow.
Cognos TM1 Training is ready adaptable for high levels of participation. Global Online Trainings course designed by real time experts matches the industry project planning perspective and powers the learners with effective knowledge on the subject.