cognos tm1 training
COGNOS TM1 TRAINING INTRODUCTION:
Cognos TM1 is an enterprise planning software that enables users to focus on the entire lifecycle of business. Cognos TM1 Training is a collaborative OLAP with multi-dimensional features that can be queried through the excel as well as web.
Cognos TM1 Provides integrated scorecards and strategy management capabilities which helps you to monitor performance metrics, align resources, initiatives with corporate objectives and market events. These advanced capabilities help companies become highly collaborative and adaptive. Cognos TM1 Online Training is ready adaptable for high levels of participation.Global Online Trainings course designed by real time experts matches the industry project planning perspective and powers the learners with effective knowledge on the subject.
- Basic knowledge of OLAP and TM1.
- Significant experience with excel spreadsheets.
- Understanding of metrics and drivers of your business.
cognos tm1 training course content:
Introduction to ibm cognos tm1
- Ibm cognos solution
- Financial performance management
- What is olap
- Olap vs. Oltp (relational)
- Dimensional analysis example
- Examine olap data structures
- Cognos Tm1 training olap solution
- Use different tm1 user interfaces
- Examine tm1 users
- Examine tm1 technology
Installation and configuration of tm1
- Important files in tm1
- Create a new tm1 server
- Create an application in tm1
- What is a dimension
- What is an element?
- Using weights with elements
- Using attributes
- Create dimensions
- Modify existing dimensions
- What is turbo integrator
- Create a dimension using turbo integrator
Build cubes and views
- Store data in cubes
- Build cube
- Consider dimension order
- Name the cube
- Create a view
Load and maintain data
- Determine the data source
- Review the data structure
- Load data with turbo integrator
- Import data from an ascii file
- Using formulas in variables
- Import data from an odbc source
- Use turbo integrator to maintain the model
- Clear data froma cube using a process
Add business rules
- Add business logic
- Create a rule
- Use a function in a rule
- Optimize your rules
- Using feeder statements
- Add skipcheck and feeders
Automate common processes using scripts
- Review scripting with turbo integrator
- Benefits of custom scripts
- Use tm1 as a data source
- Use chores with turbo integrator
Customize drill paths
- View related data
- Create a drill path
- Create a drill-through path to a view in another cube
- Create a drill path to an odbc source
Present data and reports
- Organize content in a tm1 application
- Using application folders:
- Add tm1 objects and external files to an application
- Build worksheets with action buttons
- Add an action button to a worksheet
- Use worksheet controls to present data
- Use controls for data validation
- Use toolbars to add controls
- Add a data validation control to a microsoft excel spreadsheet
- Cognos TM1 training Format reports
- Change the formatting on a report and create a custom menu
- Configure tm1 for workflow
- Review tm1 security
- Add users and groups to tm1 security
- Install workflow
- Create a workflow process
Integrate with ibm cognos 8 bi
- Benefits of ibm cognos 8 integration
- Integrate ibm cognos tm1 with ibm cognos 8 bi
- Create a portlet with tm1 web
Introduction to executive viewer
- Explore executive viewer
- Explore the executive viewer client interface
- Create a view and connect to a data source
- Examine a cube
- Examine views
- Focus on specific data
- Select and arrange members
- Drag and drop, stack, and hide dimensions
Cognos TM1 Training Overview:
Cognos TM1 enables you to collaborate on plans, budgets and forecast and exuberant features that help drive better business decision with less time for implementations at very low cost. Cognos TM1 professionals sought after as they can help develop sound BI modules and also in decision making processes and strategies. Cognos TM1 Training delivers collaborative environment with centralized administration as well as database management and equips business with score card and forecasting capability.
Cognos TM1 Architecture:
- TM1 is distributed, client-server architecture that consists of the TM1 server and clients.
- TM1 Clients
- TM1 Perspective
- TM1 Architect
- TM1 Client (Limited version of TM1 Perspective)
- TM1 Web client
- In client Server environment, corporate data resides on the remote servers, which authorized clients can access.
- In Cognos TM1 Training all clients communicate with a remote server using the TCP/IP network protocol.
- When TM1 server starts, the server registers itself with an admin server that is running on a specified on a specified admin host. TM1 clients reference the admin server to determine which TM1 servers are available on the network.
- An admin server must be running before a TM1 server can start.
- You have specified an admin host in the Ym1s.cfg file or the server command line, the Cognos TM1 online training server will attempt to connect admin server on that host.
- If you have not specified an admin host, the TM1 server attempts to connect to an admin server on the local machine.
- The Cognos TM1 training admin server becomes aware of the TM1 servers on the network by listening for notification from the servers.
- TM1 server sends notification of its presence at a regular interval called the heartbeat interval, which is 60 seconds by default.
- When Admin server detects the TM1 server, that server becomes registered and available to clients on the network.
- If the admin servers does not depth not detect the presence of a registered TM1 server over a period equal to three times the heartbeat interval, that TM1 server is removed from the list servers available on the network.
Data Directory of Cognos TM1 Training:
The data directory contains the cubes, dimensions, and system information that are loaded into memory when a TM1 server is started. In Cognos TM1 training you access a server from the any TM1 client, TM1 reads data from that server’s data directory.
TM1 saves that data back to the directory when any of the following occur:
- TM1 server is shut down.
- An administrator right clicks a server icon in server explorer and chooses save data from the pop-up menu. This directs TM1 directs TM1 to save the change to the selected server.
- An administrator chooses File, Save Data All in server explorer. This directs TM1 to save the changes to all connected servers, if you have the proper authority.
- A user saves the batch updates.
Cognos TM1 Training Applications:
TM1 applications are folders which contain the shortcuts of various other TM1 objects. They are created just it keep (shortcuts of) a related group of objects at one place.
For example if you may have one application for all sales related objects (sales related cubes, processes, dimensions and reports).
There are three types of Cognos TM1 training applications shortcuts that you can use:
- TM1 objects: you can give reference to TM1 objects. For example, cubes, dimensions, views, processes etc.
- Files: You can create shortcuts for any type of file for example, MS excel, MS word or text files.
- URLs: You can create links to other websites such as a shortcut
It’s important to understanding that you create just the shortcuts in Cognos TM1 online training applications not the actual objects. So if you delete a shortcut from the application, the corresponding cube will NOT be deleted.
- Launch your Cognos TM1 training architect. Login to your TM1 beginner application server. Expand nodes, right click applications and click creates new application.
- A folder with name New Folder will be created with lock key sign on the icon. It means that is a private folder & only you can see it. Let’s rename it to sales.
- First go to view in architect menu options and ensure that properties window is selected.
- Select sales applications. Its properties window will be shown at the right side.
- Now expand the cubes node, drag product2 cube and drop it in the properties window of sales application.
- Doing this will create a shortcut of product2 cube under sales folder. Open your product2 cube and rearrange the dimensional in following order and save the view with name Data Input.
- Again select the sales applications and drag and drop this view (data input) into properties window of applications. Doing so will create a shortcut of data input view in sales application. Rename the shortcut as Sales Data Input.
- Expand processes & add the process of Cognos TM1 training. LoadDataToProduct2 to Sales applications.
Creating File Shortcut:
- Right click on sales applications and click Add File.
- An add file dialog will open. Go to your TM1 beginner’s input file folder and select data.csv file. In the left bottom of this dialog, there is an option to copy the file to TM1 server. Select that. Click open. File will be added to the application.
- Right click on sales applications and click Add URLs.
- Following dialog will open. Mention the website URL and name in the box and click OK.