Control-M Training Introduction:
Control-M Training is workload automation software obtained by BMC Software. Control-M Online Training was originally developed for IBM mainframe computers , but has since expanded and is also available for distributed computing platforms including Unix, Windows, Linux and OpenVMS environments.Control-M can schedule workloads on a daily, weekly or monthly interval
Control-M Training tutorial by Global Online Training is based on latest research, live project, and best possible industry update. Not only students will find this module advantageous to avail,but also on job professional will find it super flexible for attaining besides their regular job.Call the help desk for more details for BMC Control M online course and its details.
Prerequisites to attend Control-M training:
- Knowledge of CONTROL-M on a mainframe platform.
BMC Control M Online Course Content
OVERVIEW OF CONTROL-M
- What is Control-M?
- How is Control-M used & accessed in your environment?
- Control-M Components- Control-M Training
- Job Flow & Terminology
CALENDARS & SCHEDULING DEFINITIONS
- Using Calendars to define scheduling days for jobs
- Creating a Job Scheduling Definition
- Scheduling a job manually
- Scheduling a job automatically
JCL PROCESSING & WORKFLOW
- Overview of System & User Variables
- Using System & User Variables to pass information to JCL
- How to control events outside Control-M
- Modifying a schedule for a job
MONITORING SYSTEM ACTIVITY
- Using the Active Jobs screen for problem resolution
- Monitoring System Activity- Control-M training
- Control-M Database files
- Viewing the Log for Information
MAINTENANCE & REPORTING
- The Utilities invoked at New Day Processing
- The Function of the Online Utilities
- Existing Utilities & How to use them
- Creating your own reports using Keystroke Reporting Language
Importance of Control-M training:
Control M is a software solution which allows the enterprise users to schedule and control the complex job batches. Automated Production Control, Scheduling System manage and automate the setup, scheduling and execution of jobs in the data center. It performs virtually all the job handling tasks of computer operators. It provides an interface that enables the user to interrupt in the process of production management. It provides continual data and status information regarding job processing. After entering the authorized User Id and Password you will be seeing the panel according to the project / client customization. We need to enter the Mnemonics and enter the respective production or test system to which we need to work on with the User Id and password
Overview about Control-M Training:
- Control-M is workload automation software which is obtained by BMC Software with New Dimension Software.
- It was originally developed for IBM mainframe computers, but has since expanded and is also available for the distributed computing platforms including Windows, Linux and UNIX and OpenVMS environments.
- Control-M Training can be scheduling the workloads on a daily, weekly or monthly interval.
- It can be used to respond to trigger events such as the appearance of a file, being called by a third party application through an API or invocation on demand through Java or Web services.
Why you need to learn Control-M Training?
- Control-M online Training is a software solution which allows the enterprise users to schedule and to control the complex job batches.
- The Automated Production Control and Scheduling System Manages and automates the setup for scheduling and execution of jobs in the data center
- It performs virtually for all the job handling tasks of computer operators.
- It provides an interface that enables the user to intervene in the process of production management.- Control-M training
- It provides continual data and status information regarding job processing
About BMC Control-M:
Control-M is the latest upgrade of BMC’s industry with leading workload automation solution which continues to improve workflow services performance, usability and reduce operating efficiencies with new capabilities such as risk-reducing high availability, out-of-the box predictive analytics, automated agent and client deployment for faster upgrades and maintenance & a time-saving global calendar capability. BMC Control M online course significantly enhances automated application workflow promotion through an automated job promotion across environments
BMC Control-M Workload Automation 8.0:
BMC Control M Online course Workload Automation is a monitoring and management tool for the enterprise batch-scheduling environment. It allows users to manage job processing across all distributed systems platforms supported by instances of Control-M/Server and Control-M/Agent.
Automated client and agent deployment capabilities: users can reduce the time previously required for manual upgrades and maintenance.
High availability: it enables you to maximize your production environment uptime, prevent data loss and ensure business continuity in the event of hardware maintenance or failure.
Run Time Analytics: Control-M features advanced out-of-the box insight into all jobs across your enterprise significantly improving run time estimation with Batch Impact Manager Analytics.- BMC Control M online course
Usage alerts: It can define task usage alert thresholds across all of your Control-M Training environments and automatically receive an email alert when thresholds are reached.
Automated Application Workflow Promotion: Using Workload Change Manager, you can now automate the application workflow promotion between test and production environments to accelerate application change and deployment cycle times.
Control-M Workload Automation solution:
Control-M Training automates and simplifies batch job creation, scheduling and management across IT environments. It makes easy to build and monitor the workflows through a graphical interface that provides a single point of control for all enterprise batches. BMC Control M online course also has an extensive set of modules and extensions that provide additional functionality for different activities and environments.Control-M presents a common view of all the enterprise workloads and provides a single, consistent GUI to automate workflow development, scheduling and management. Users should have the control to manage any workload without requiring environment-specific expertise.
Control-M Application Integrator:
Control-M Application integrator is a workload automation design tool which connects the applications and processes, so that the business services are quickly and reliably delivered to customers.
Deliver new or enhanced services in a sustainable way.
- Improve services for critical applications with the ability to design the job types that fit your service needs- Control-M Training
- Increase the speed of innovation by controlling what are the applications that gets integrated
- Extend the reach and return of your investment through crowd-sourced job types and a community of experts
Features of CONTROL-M Training:
CONTROL-M is an innovative and scalable product
CONTROL-M is a scalable product and it has scheduling capability across a highly heterogeneous, computing environments and diverse range of applications.
Critical path analysis capability- Control-M Training
CONTROL-M has been built wide and deep functionality to evolve the product towards ITWAB by enhanced functionality and use of complementary software modules for assessing the impact of jobs which are based on SLAs regarding business processes.
Workload Life Cycle automation
BMC Software was introduced Workload Lifecycle Management to enable multiple versions of workloads across the development, testing and production.- BMC Control M online course
Simplified Deployment- Control-M Training
Simplified conversion with the option of agent-based or agent-less deployment