Data Modeling Training
Data Modeling Training Introduction:
Data Modeling Training by Global Online Trainings will help you to understand every key aspect related the Data Modeling. The Data Modeling is a thought or demonstration of a real-world entity which means the data model shows that how the data is stored and organized in the database system. Data Modeling Online Training from India is a map or blueprint for an organization which helps to understand the information flow inside the infrastructure. It is very powerful which gives the foundation of knowledge for information requirements. Data Modeling Training is a set of symbol and texts which helps to understand the complex business problems for developers and analysts so they can recognize the set of data elements and the business rules applied between those data items within the data sets.
Prerequisites of Data Modeling Training:
- Familiar with this BI Reporting, Database Architecture and ETL Solutions can join in Data Modeling Training.
- Basic knowledge should be there on Informatica, Oracle PL/SQL, and Database d.
- Oracle Database, Oracle, Linux, Informatica and Oracle Fusion Middleware should also be known for this course.
Data Modeling Training Course Content:
Logical Data Modeling Training Introduction
- logical data modeling in requirements importance
- When to use logical data models
- Relationship b/w logical & physical data model
- Elements of a logical data model
- Read a high-level data model
- Data model prerequisites
- Data model sources of the information
- Developing a logical data model
Project Context & Drivers
- Importance of the well defined solution scope
- Functional decomposition diagram
- Context-level data flow diagram
- Sources of the requirements
- Functional decomposition diagrams
- Data flow diagrams
- Use case models
- Workflow models
- Business rules
- State diagrams
- Class diagrams
- Other documentation
- Types of modelling projects
- Transactional business systems
- Business intelligence & data warehousing systems
- Integration & consolidation of existing systems
- Maintenance of the existing systems
- Enterprise analysis
- Commercial off-the-shelf application
Conceptual Data Modeling Training
- Discovering the entities
- Defining entities
- Documenting an entity
- Identifying attributes
- Distinguishing b/w entities & attributes
Conceptual Data Modeling-Identifying Relationships & Business Rules
- Model fundamental relationships
- Cardinality of relationships
- Is the relationship mandatory or optional?
- Relationships Naming
- Discover attributes for the subject area
- Assign attributes to appropriate entity
- Name attributes using established naming conventions
- Documenting attributes
- Modeling many-to-many relationships
- Model multiple relationships b/w the same two entities
- Model self referencing relationships
- Model ternary relationships
- Identifying the redundant relationships
Completing the Logical Data Model
- Use supertypes & subtypes to manage complexity
- Use supertypes & subtypes to represent rules and constraints
Data Integrity through Normalization
- Normalize a logical data model
- First normal form
- Second normal form
- Third normal form
- Reasons for the denormalization
- Transactional Versace business intelligence applications
Verification & Validation
- Verify the technical accuracy of a logical data model
- Using the CASE tools to assist in verification
- Verifying the logical data model using other models
- Data flow diagram
- CRUD matrix
Overview of Data Modeling Training:
The main purpose of Data Modeling Training is to provide information in the visual format or display the visual representation to define how data is customized and summarized in the company infrastructure.
- The Data presentation will tell that what is the information it has and it helps to communicate between groups which are there in the IT sector with Data Modeling Online Training from India with training materials and course videos.
- It also helps to have a common understanding of all the important business concepts by allowing communication between various IT business rules.
- Data Modeling Training provides a very well defined model to handle any type of complexities that come under the concept of data management.
- It also helps to understand the requirements which are today’s trend and also the future’s unseen issues which would come if the present issues are not solved.
- It is a piece of the plan for the developers to build the data warehouse.
- SAP BW on Hana Training will provide you the modeling techniques and environment that will be helpful for managing and maintaining the metadata objects of BW modelers.
- This concept of Data Modeling Training really helps to improve the communication levels within the organization and it helps you to build both flexible and scalable system.
- It also helps to analyze the data requirements by communicating with different users and different stakeholders in terms of understanding the need of current business.
- The Data Modeling Training ensures that the data is properly structured to get the consistency of the data which can be trusted. This makes it easier to retrieve data, insert the data and gives the better chances to search the data.
- It increases the quality of data that means they are more reliable so we can trust on that data and make easier to communicate with two or more development team.
- The data model in Data Modeling Training basically represents the logical view of data and can be defined as a good entity to introduce the abstraction.
Phases of Data modeling Training:
A Data Modeling Training is simply a diagram that displays a set of tables and the relationship between them. A data model is applicable to any software development environment that involves the creation of database objects to store and manipulate data which includes transactional systems as well as data warehouse systems.
When the data model is being designed we progress through three main stages by using Data Modeling Online Training from India with training materials and course videos which are conceptual data model, logical data model, and physical data model.
Conceptual Data Model:
A Conceptual data model in Data Modeling Training is just a set of square shapes connected by a line. The square shape represents an entity and the line represents a relationship between the entities. A conceptual data model can be easily drawn on a whiteboard or a piece of paper because it need not be a digital document. This makes it easy and quick to change and can be rapidly updated.
So here are some attributes of the conceptual model:
- This model comes with extremely abstract functionality.
- It is easy to understand so whether the user is technical or non-technical it is easy to understand for everyone.
- Since it is not a digital document it can be easily enhanced and can be frequently implemented.
- The entities in Data Modeling Training are only qualified for visibility, but there is something else called an attribute they are not visible.
- The relationships are quite abstract because we know that the two tables are connected but what is the column on which the relationship is established that is not clear yet.
- Since the conceptual model can be written on a piece of paper or a whiteboard it does not need any software tool to create a conceptual model and that makes it a whole lot easier.
- Once the conceptual model is finalized then we can elaborate it into a logical data model.
- Cognos BI Training will explain that Cognos data modeling get the data and transform it in the form of a cube which is easy to analyze and provide high performance.
Logical Data Model:
The Logical data model in Data Modeling Training expands the Conceptual data model by adding more details to it. Those details are Attributes, Key attributes, and non-key attributes. Earlier we used to be a simple square shape now it has a list of attributes. The Key attributes define the uniqueness of that entity such as the date in the time entity, product ID for a product, store ID for store etc. In the logical data model, you draw a line within each entity and mention the attributes below as well as above the line. All the attributes mentioned and displayed above the line form the key attribute and all the other attributes below the line are called non-key attributes. It means they do not help in uniquely identifying the record such as the category in the product entity.
- Then we have in Data Modeling Training the primary key and foreign key relationships are clearly defined. So the key attributes for each entity can also be used as a primary key and all these primary keys are referred as foreign keys in the other entity table. The foreign key is apparent from the word FK and enclosed within parenthesis.
- The attribute’s names are user-friendly so these are very easily readable means anyone can understand it and help in readability it has a single character space between each word.
- These new things we have added to the logical model makes it more detailed than the Conceptual model and at this stage, the logical model is not dependent on any specific database.
- Data Modeling Training makes it little more difficult to enhance because there are little changes to the conceptual model and this is usually implemented using a software tool such as Erwin or PowerDesigner.
- These tools will help to create a logical data model which can be shared, continuously updated and can be converted into a physical model by Data Modeling Online Training from India with training materials and course videos.
- We also provide Data Modeling Online Training from India with training materials and course videos.
- So this details that have been added and this was not available in the Conceptual model and additional properties of a local model make it slightly more difficult than a conceptual model to update.
- Once you have finalized the logical model we go to the last step which is a physical data model.
Physical Data Model:
A physical data model in Data Modeling Training looks a little similar to a logical data model, however, there are some significant changes:
- Here the entities are not referred as entities instead they referred as tables. What we used to call as attributes in the logical model now they referred as columns.
- So table and columns are words specific to a database whereas entities and attributes are specific to a design that is a logical data model design.
- The other thing is column name and these column names are no longer user-friendly instead they are database compatible names that come in Data Modeling Online Training from India with training materials and course videos.
- So as per database rules of Data Modeling Training, you cannot use a space while naming a table or column name because it will create difficulties while writing the queries for those lists of tables and columns.
- The column name length should be as minimal as possible such as prod for the product, emp for the employee. This makes the life of a DBA a lot easier.
- This model contains the concept of data types so these data types mention the type of the data that is going to be stored in every column such as integer, float etc.
- The physical data model is not sharable with the user instead the logical data model can be shared within Data Modeling Training.
- The physical data model is certain to the specific database and has more details than logical data model. This makes it difficult to understand for non-technical persons and more difficult in order to enhance than the logical model.
Data Modeling Training with ER Model:
The most popular type of Data Modeling Training that is used in the database world today is known as an Entity Relationship Model (ER Model). This model consists of three major graphical components which are entities or objects, attributes for which several different types exist including key attributes or non-key attributes and the final component is the relationships which are applied between the entities.
- An entity class can be a thought of a structural description of the individual incident of an entity. The entity instance is like a specific event of the class such as architectural blueprints that tells how to design the data by Data Modeling Training.
- Global Online Training also provides Informatica ETL Training that will help you to understand how the data modeling gets the data from different resources and how they are stored in the database.
- An attribute is a specific piece of information that could be the track for each instance of an entity. For example, there is an entity called as a project then the attributes for that would be projected name, project type, project start date etc. Each attribute that is a part of an entity consists of data types as well as several other properties.
- The identifiers are generally referred as key and are attributes whose values are used to identify an instance of the entity class. The keys can be unique or non-unique.
- If the key is unique then each instance of the entity or each row in the table will contain unique values for that attribute. The key could be composite means it could have two or more attributes.
- The relationship is a connection between entities which defines the levels of communication among them. The relationship between Data Modeling Training could be unary or binary or ternary relationship.
- The one-to-one relationship consists of single entity instances of two entity class.
- we also give Data Modeling Online Training from India with training materials and course videos.
- The one-to-many relationship consists of a single entity instance one entity class which is connected to many instances of another entity class.
- The many-to-many relationship consists of many entity instances of one entity class which are connected with many entity instances of another entity class by Data Modeling Online Training from India with training materials and course videos.
Data Modeling vs. Business Modeling:
The data modeling and business modeling are two terms that work with the different concepts.
- The business model represents the model for concepts or entities for the business whereas the data modeling gives the model for data that will be supported by the system in Data Modeling Training.
- For example, in the business model a person will represent the real thing like a human but in the data model, it will represent a data record about that human in Data Modeling Training.
- The things you can do with the person as represented in the business model you cannot do with the person represented in data model such as you could employ a person and make an agreement with the person.
- Likewise, the things you can do with the person as represented in the data model you cannot do with the person represented in the business model such as you could copy it or delete it.
- The purpose of the business model described the real world things which are meaningful to business people and it is a good communication tool for business peoples. It helps the business people to find their business needs and support their diverse set of systems.
- The logical data model in Data Modeling Training defines the structure of the data and it could be a single system or a set of systems.
- There are a lot of semantics built into the business model. It also contains different object such as transaction, measures, and associations along with the structured and unstructured model. Whereas the data model has less semantic information such as entities, their types, and the relationship among them.
- The business model is comprised of structure and instances of the data whereas the data model is made of only the structure of the data in Data Modeling Online Training from India with training materials and course videos.