Introduction about DOCKER Training:
Docker Training is an open-source project that automates the deployment of Linux applications inside the software containers. Docker also uses the resource isolation features of the Linux kernel such as c groups and kernel namespaces and a union-capable file system such as Overlay FS and others to allow independent “containers” to run within a single Linux instance, avoiding the overhead of starting and maintaining virtual machines.
Docker training module is arranged on interactive virtual platform and with flexi timing advantage for offering all its participants excellent advantage of using their spare time to pursue the training for better career exposure. Here the course fee in Global Online Trainings is reasonable and Docker Administration corporate course is available for corporate batches on demand.
People who have knowledge in these skills can enlist in the Docker Training
- Awareness in Unix,
- AWS and,
- Linux administrator.
Docker Administration Corporate Course Content:
Topic 01: Introducing Containers
Topic 02: Installing and Updating Docker
Topic 03: Major Docker Components
Topic 04: Container Management
Topic 05: Building from a Dockerfile
Topic 06:Working with Registries
Topic 07: Diving Deeper with Dockerfile
Topic 08: Docker Networking
Topic 09: Troubleshooting
Topic 10: How Images Get Built
Topic 11: Docker Commands
Topic 12: Monitoring and Alerting
OVERVIEW OF DOCKER TRAINING:
Docker is the standardized technology in the DevOps. This is the open source container technology, the container will allow the developers to put the applications everywhere in the stack and runs depended applications, that will be packed up in a box which is in the separate environment and the application is to run all the things inside this container.
- To run the business for the big companies go with the billions containers through the data centers regularly. So, it helps them to keep continuous integration and delivery.
- Docker makes the work easy; this technology is super fast and great development for the further software development. The virtual machines separate the operating system from the underlying hardware exactly docker also do the same it separates the operating system from the underlying hardware.
- There are some differences between the dockers and virtual machine. With the docker the OS will be virtualized, so only on the application and dependencies the containers. In the virtual machines the process will decreases the portability.
- Docker will make process fast and it will make the scaling fast, you can introduce more containers and use them when ever needed. This is dealing with the isolated containers so, we can make more efficient machines this reduces the licensing cost for the shared resources.
- The Docker guides the micro services era, they have applications that are dependent on one another, explained in detail in the Docker training.
Components of the Docker: (Docker training)
Docker Daemon runs the whole machine that is the containers inside the daemon. Whereas the docker client which the CLI will be using to interact with the daemon.
- If you are using the Linux machine you can run the docker client outside of the machine. If you are a windows user, then there will be an extra layer that is boot2docker.
- For that first you need to install the virtual box and then boot2docker that will give you a separate environment. The docker contains the image that is a template that is related to your application, will be explained in the Docker training sessions.
- These contain layers. The base operating system has versions like version-1 and version-2. We work on the version-1 according to the application and then go for the version-2 development we add another layer.
- In docker we don’t need to download the entire image they automatically download the layer. This is the thing docker makes the fast in the deployment.
- In the docker container, take the image related to the container to run the application. The images are stored in the docker registry. It can be shared privately or publicly collaborate to the world. Public repositories are searchable through the docker hub.
- Rather than creating you can search the images that are already built accordingly to your environment. Everything that is stuffed inside and this can be used as the base image. Those images should be customizing to your environment. Docker training will give you full information.
- Docker hub is for the images. That is the path for the image construction. Here the commands are kept in a file that automatically built an image. After the completion of the image we send it to the repository.
- Docker is the platform to run the applications.
The container is the logical group of the binary with the dependencies running on the top of the docker engine. Docker doesn’t depend on the external factors mostly that will be the advantage of the docker, we don’t need to check about the base infrastructure, but should be sure about the engine is running or not.
- Docker integrates with other tools so, it integrates with the custom management and you can even monitor by the user ports. Docker will work efficiently without wasting the memory. To move from one type of cloud, just import your containers to the Google cloud and need to port the image. Then you can run the application.
- With this portability you will have the multiple environments. With those multiple environments you will have the disaster recovery also. This will help your business and it is a advantage, join Docker training and improve your entrepreneurial skills.
Compare Docker with the Virtual Machines: (with the Docker training)
Docker is fast than the virtual machine; Virtual Machine takes the 3 minutes to boot up with the docker it will complete within seconds.
- Docker containers are portable; through the docker hub you can easily port them. Virtual Machine’s are not portable; you need to have some network for that and it takes 4 to 5 hours time to transfer.
- Like the GitHub we have for code, Docker hub that is used to store the docker images, it is the open source and have to pay for the repositories, it is managed by the docker’s inclusive.
- If you pay for the private repository in the docker hub then you can get the cloud hosted solution then no need to manage the local repository in your infrastructure.
Commands in the Docker: (Docker training)
There is PS in it for seeing the docker container is running. Pull is for taking the images from the docker hub. Docker run is the used to run the containers. Docker image is used to see the images you have in the local repository.
- Attach this will attach the running container. Stop is used for stopping the running container. With the docker any configuration management system can connect. It can control the version systems, PDF’s are available for Docker training.
- In the docker training, you learn about the dockers containers can connect with one another container through the IP numbers. if Docker is built on your computer, it will also run on any other computer. In the virtual machine you have to put up the entire guest operating system.
- You need every library that to run the application, and must have the app inside it. In the container you don’t have to do the guest operations. The docker will do all the translations in the layer.
- It won’t take much space, just need the libraries are needed. The docker image files are actually very small, so that you can download and run them. In any computer it will run. To create an image, first you need to create a docker file.
- This file describes the whole building process.
Even Jenkins supports plugins, which allow Jenkins to be extended to meet requirements and specific needs of individual projects. It is a automation tool that is build for integration purpose and it achieve continuous integration with the help of plugins. This will be explained in Jenkins Training by global online trainings.
Container Orchestration: (with Docker Training)
There are types of the containers like Azure, Amazon, Marathon, Google container Engine that runs like Kubernetes.
- Kubernetes is also a container. Container Orchestraters like Kubernetes, can be used to clone the application, to build it, run it and if it is crashed. They will communicate with one another
- The terms related to the Kubernetes, they are; Node which is used to run the application. Pod contains one or more containers run in this Pod. Service that is a kind of a Load balancer they take up how the requests should be handled in a cluster. At last Deployment it tells the desired state and everything Kubernetes will take up, discussed in the Docker training.
What is a container? (Docker Training)
Let us take an example, a Linux operating system there are many number of processes they share everything with each other that is useful in many cases, if you want to isolate any of the processor or want a sand box to run we have the namespace and c-groups.
- The container lifecycle is inside itself the container. When we start the container then only the container starts the process and as well as the container process exists then the container process also ends.
- This is the basic thing that a container is. Image is a thing that is present in the container; this image has a parent-child relationship.
- It means that is in the layers format, if we have a image which is of the empty format, that is related to another image which is parent relation, and that is related to another, these are like a hierarchy finally it may connect to an application.
- All these are kept in the image hierarchy; this may be like a tree. Every time if you want that image you need to pull the whole branch.
- This is what happens with the image in the container.
With the Docker training, you can find Puppet which was started as an open source software project and encourages developing source code that allows puppet to be extended and used in many different ways. The puppet Eco-sphere also has a very rich tool-set of both open source commercial offering that can help you maintain and define entire infrastructure with puppet, join Puppet training for more details.
Networking operations: Docker training
Default Docker Bridge:
- In the default Docker bridge there will be a container host. In that it contains an Ethernet adapter, IP tables and it contains default Docker Bridge also called as the Docker 0, in this there will be the containers, container-1 and container-2.
- If you need any inbound connectivity, you need to start the docker container. Here, IP tables also perform the NAT function.
User defined bridges:(with the Docker training)
- This user default docker bridge is similar to the Docker Bridge. In this also we have the Ethernet, and the IP tables with that we have the user defined bridges, Bridge-1 and Bridge-2.
- Here these user bridges will have the containers that are not connected to each other. The inbound and outbound behavior is same as in the default docker bridge.
Overlay Network: (Docker training)
- This has two hosts, the Ethernet, IP tables, docker 0 and container. These two hosts are connected. That is an overlay network is used for the encapsulation across the physical network.
- This Overlay network will allow communicating to the two hosts with the containers to the container.