FIM 2010 R2 Training
Introduction FIM 2010 Training:
Microsoft forefront identity management system in short called as FIM. It is an identity management system. It provides user management, group management, credential management and policy management. The FIM brings identity management to the user, by allowing fine grained delegation of permissions and the use of most familiar client interfaces. It has got some distinct components such as FIM service and its associated portal and database. The FIM synchronization service has FIM predecessor identity lifecycle manager is the FIM synchronization service. The FIM password resets client, and FIM certificate management used to certificate life cycle manager. The Following section gives you the brief overview on the list of topics which we are going to cover as a part of FIM 2010 R2 Online Training.
FIM 2010 R2 Training Course Content
Introducing the FIM
Architecture, Installation & Deployment
Using the Management Interface
Key concepts - FIM 2010 R2 training
Group Management using the FIM
Managing the Identities
Provisioning / De-provisioning
Self-Service Password Reset
Customizing & Reports-FIM 2010 R2 training
Extending the Schema
FIM 2010 R2 training-Reports
Overview On FIM 2010 R2:
Following section gives you brief overview, more detail knowledge will be shared as a part of FIM 2010 R2 training
- The Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager is an self service identity management software suite for managing the identities, credentials, & role-based access control policies across the heterogeneous computing environments.
- The Microsoft FIM is quite different when compared with CA as well as Oracle. Following are few key differences listed below:
- FIM replaces the concepts of roles & attributes with the policy objects.
- Here the system is more tightly integrated with the windows environment
- The user self service lets the user request access through applications via the group members
- The Microsoft has fewer governance, certification and audit functions, join for FIM 2010 R2 training and learn more
- The Microsoft FIM calls the connectors management agents.
- It has got workflow drives synchronization
- The programmers use visual studio in order to design the workflow.
- Here the access management is limited to DOT NET, SAP with Kerberos, UNIX login with active directory, more detail concepts will be covered as a part of FIM 2010 R2 training
- The Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010 is an powerful set of applications which together form an complete Identity &Access Management (IAM) platform. This platform allows the organisations to reduce ITC cost of the managing user lifecycle through automation of the traditionally manual business processes relating to the Identity and Access Management.
Components of Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010:
Listed below are the components, more detail knowledge will be shared as a part of FIM 2010 R2 training
FIM Synchronization Service :The FIM Synchronization Service is the work horse of the FIM 2010 suite. It provides connectivity to external systems through its Management Agents interface, as well as the composite view of identity data in these systems known as the Metaverse. A highly extensible system based on the .NET platform allows for joining identities between systems, managing data flow, password synchronization & user, group & role provisioning.
FIM Service and Portal: The new FIM Service & Portal provide user self-service, workflow capability & group management, all wrapped within an tight security framework that enables role based access control. Join for FIM 2010 R2 training and learn how the FIM Portal also provides an alternative mechanism to configure synchronization rules within the Synchronization Service, allowing for codeless provisioning and advanced attribute flows.
FIM Certificate Lifecycle Manager: The FIM Certificate Lifecycle Manager provides the capability to the centrally manage smartcards & digital certificates within the FIM 2010, thus vastly reducing the cost of deploying the multi-factor authentication.
FIM Password Reset Portal: The FIM 2010 R2 Password Reset Portal replaces the previous Self Service Password Reset (in short called as SSPR) capability provided in the earlier releases of the FIM 2010. In FIM 2010 R2 training you will come across the how the stand-alone, cross-browser compatible website, it gives all users who have registered for SSPR the ability to reset their password. Behind the scenes, it communicates directly with the FIM Serice to facilitate the password change in any target systems.
FIM Password Registration Portal: The FIM 2010 R2 Password Registration Portal allows users to enroll for the Self-Service Password Reset. To replace the interactive registration in FIM 2010, which previously only worked for Windows clients attached to domain. Typically this is used to the register Questions & Answers that are used during the password recovery in the Password Reset Portal, Indepth knowledge will be shared as a part of FIM 2010 R2 training
BHOLD Suite: Joining the FIM product suite in FIM 2010 R2, BHOLD is an Identity and Access Governance product that adds role and authorization management to FIM 2010. Specifically, BHOLD provides Role Based Access Control (RBAC), Attestation, Analytics and Reporting .
Fore more details regarding the FIM 2010 R2 training, contact Global Online Trainings help desk now, by requesting a demo.