Introduction To GIS Training Course:
Geographical Information Systems in short called as GIS. Geographic Information Systems are fundamental tools for learning geography. They provide a means of enquiring into geography through mapping. By extending & deepening the way that maps are used to explore geographical issues, GIS can re_emphasise the spatial dimension of the geography. In other words the GIS is called as: an organized collection of computer hardware and software, geographic data and personnel to efficiently capture, store, update, analyze & display all forms of geographically referenced information.
The GIS are the special class of information systems that keep track not only of events, activities, & things, but also where the events, activities, & things happen or exist. Geographic location is the most important attribute of activities, policies, strategies, & plans. To know more details enroll For GIS Training now !
GIS Training Prerequisites:
- The participants are suggested to have basic Geography knowledge, (latitude, longitude etc).
Gis Online Training Course Content
- Basic Introduction of GIS & Useful of Gis Software
- GIS Software Brief Introduction
- Autocad concepts in GIS Training
- Global Mapper
- Mapinfo software installation
- Installation of software and with data,
- Overall introduction of mapinfo
- Mapinfo Windows & tool Bars
- Mapinfo software intoduction,
- Tool bars,
- Drawing Tool bars,
- Standard Tool Bars
- Practice on above topic,
- Quick Discussion as a part of GIS Training
- Object Tool Bar
- Creating object and Database
- Layer control
- Map layers and labelling
- Update Column
- Update colummn
- Registering Raster Image
- Raster Image
- Practice asa partof GIS Training
- Practice on above topics
- Creating New Data (Table)
- Creating New data with map objects
- Objects Creating , Import and Export data
- Using Excle sheet,
- MDB, DBF-GIS Training
- Naming File
- Mapinfo Support Files Naming-GIS Training
- Opening Multiple Tables
- How to work with multiple database
- Practice on above topics & decision
- Cleaning up data
- Finding errors in object
- To Rename table structures,
- Deleting Table,
- Editing Table structure-GIS Training
- Packing Aa table
- Concepts Of Displaying
- Displaying data in Graph Window
- Developing Map window
- Map window
- Practice on above topics and Decision
- Mapinfo data creating on a map
- Creating Points,
- Disperse Tool
- Finding Data on Map
- Sql Select,
- Find – GIS Training
- Basic Thematic Mapping, Redistrict
- Thematic Shading
- Practice on above topics
- Practice on above topics and Decision
- Geographical Information Systems were defined by Burrough in the year 1996. It is a powerful set of tools for collecting, storing, retrieving, transforming & displaying spatial data from the real world. By joining for GIS Training you will see how the GIS include database systems in which most of the data are spatially indexed & these data may be displayed as tables or maps in GIS software packages such as MapInfo.
- The Geographical Information Systems may be either raster( i.e. a continuous surface stored as cells) or vector, stored as discrete point, line & polygon objects with attached attributes. MapInfo is a vector based GIS.
- Points – single data locations, with an x & y co-ordinate.In depth knowledge will be provided in the GIS Training
- Lines – connections between two points. A point may be seen as a line with only one set of x & y co-ordinates.
- Polygons, or regions – a closed area composed of points which are joined by lines.
- Attributes – Tthe text attached to any point, line or the polygon entity. This may be an address for an point representing a house, a name for a line representing a road, or the land use type for a region representing an forest.
- Geographic problems involve an aspect of location, either in the information used to solve them, or in the solutions themselves.
- The MapInfo is a commercially available Geographical Information Systems software package. Using the familiar Windows Icons Menus Pointer (WIMP) Graphical User Interface (GUI), it allows the user to import geographically referenced data & to create the matic maps of different variables.By joining for GIS Training you come across various types of software used in tracking the information.
Classification Of Data Types: It is classified in to two types:
Basic outline is listed below , more of it will be covered as a part of GIS Training.
- Vector: these mostly resembles the real world
- Raster : It is an rean broken into pixcels or cells, each cell contains some data.
Various Types Of GIS:
- There are a number of Geographical Information Systems or GIS software available in todays market . They range from high-powered analytical software to the visual web applications, & each of those are used for an different purpose. You will explore it in detail upon enrolling for GIS Training
- Asthe vast number of GIS available it is simply not possible to provide training for each in this course. However, there are common feature in all GIS. Understanding these basic features will give you full confidence with any GIS system that you use in the future.
Following are few GIS software listed below:
- Web-based GIS:
- Geobrowser: Google Earth
- Desktop GIS: ArcGIS
Important Principle Of GIS:
Following section take you arround the few kwy principles of GIS, more we will cover as a part of GIS Training
- Data Capture : By joining GIS Training you will learn how the Data sources are mainly obtained from the manual digitization & scanning of aerial photographs, paper maps, & the existing digital data sets.
- Database Management and Update: data security, data integrity, & data storage & retrieval, & the data maintenance abilities.
- Geographic Analysis: The collected information is analyzed & interpreted qualitatively & quantitatively.
- Preparing Result: One of the most exciting aspects of GIS technology is the large variety of different ways in which information can be presented.
Various Components Of GIS:
- Hardware: It requires Computer System, Scanner, Printer, Plotter, Flat Board Software GIS
- software : Most populat software in use are MapInfo, ARC/Info, AutoCAD Map, etc. These software available can be said to be the application specific.
- Data: A GIS will integrate spatial data with the other data resources & can even use an DBMS, used by most of organization to maintain their data, to manage spatial data. join for GIS Training and learn how the Geographic data & related tabular data can be collected in-house or purchased from an commercial data provider.
- People: GIS users range from technical specialists who design, further will discuss it in GIS Training
- Method: The map creation can either be the automated raster to vector creator or it can be the manually victories using scanned images.
What else GIS can do…???
- in GIS Training you learn how GIS helps you in planning,
- one can manage the land,
- it increases public safety and help law enforcement,
- helps in manage natural disaster,
- It also manage electricity, water, phone,
- It model transportation, more will learn it in GIS Training
- It monitors climate and energy,
Advantages of GIS:
Following are the few advantages listed below, more we will come across GIS Training.
- GIS allows us to view, understand, and visualize data in many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in the form of maps, globes, reports, and charts.
- A GIS helps you answer questions and solve problems by looking at your data in a way that is quickly understood and easily shared.
- GIS give the accurate Data.
- Better Predictions and Analysis.
Contact our help desk now for to know more details about GIS Training !