Introduction to GitLab Training:
Gitlab Training is a service that provides remote access to Git repositories. In addition to hosting your code, the service provides additional features that help you manage the software development lifecycle. This has the additional features include code sharing between different people, bug tracking, wiki space and other tools for ‘social coding’. GitLab online Training is a project management repository through a web interface that allows you to manage groups, individuals and permissions involved in a project or project, as well as track the current and historical status of a project through modifications. Global online trainings provide the training on the GitLab Training by the real-time experienced trainers and we will cover the full advanced concepts of the GitLab Online Training. We provide Best GitLab Training videos and the material also.
Prerequisites of GitLab Training Course:
We assume that you will use GitLab to handle all types of Java and non-Java projects. In addition to using command prompts in Windows or Linux environments, it is advisable that you have some knowledge in the software development life cycle and in developing web-based and web-based applications.
- Basic familiarity with Version Control
- Basic knowledge of Git
- You have Docker/VirtualBox installed on Windows
GitLab Online Training outline:
- Program Name: GitLab Training course.
- Duration of Course: 30 Hours (It can also be optimized as per required period).
- Mode of training: Online, Classroom, and corporate training.
- Timings: According to one’s feasibility.
- Batch Type: Regular, weekends and fast track.
- Materials: Yes, we are providing materials for GitLab Online Course. (We will get the soft copy material)
- Sessions will be conducted through WEBEX, GoToMeeting OR SKYPE.
- Basic Requirements: Good Internet Speed, Headset.
- Trainer Experience: 10+ years.
- Course Fee: please register on our website, so that one of our agents will assist you
GITLAB ONLINE TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
Overview of GitLab Training:
GitLab is the open source web-based devOps lifecycle that provides the git-repository the code was originally written in Ruby, and some parts were later rewritten in Go, initially as a source code management solution to collaborate with its team on software development. It later evolved into an integrated solution that covered the Software Development Life Cycle, and then the entire DevOps Life Cycle. Current technology stocks include Go, Ruby on Rails Training and Vue.js. It follows the open-core development model, where core functionality is released under the open source (MIT) license, while the additional functionality is under the proprietary license.
What is GitLab?
GitLab is a service like GitLab, a service that organizations can use to provide internal management of Gith repositories. It is a self-hosted git-repository management system that keeps the user code private and makes it easy to implement code modifications.
Who can learn this GitLab Course?
- Developers with basic knowledge about software development processes.
What you will learn end of this course?
The primary objective of this course is to introduce you to all the features and functions of Web-based Repository Manager GitLab. Use GitLab to run, implement, and have complete control over any DevOps lifecycle or development project.
You will learn:
- The basics of Git
- How to install GitLab
- How to manage users & groups
- Issue management
- Code review
- CI / CD
- Issue management like how to create merge requests, milestones etc.
- How to import repositories
- Continous Integration in GitLab
- Triggering pipelines
- The basics of version control
- Much much more…
When you are finished with this course, you will be a GitLab power-user, which will help you in your next DevOps project and make you much more interesting for tech companies looking to hire DevOps experts and also known the overview of how to use GitLab to create an effective code versioning, testing and deployment environment. A user who has completed the GitLab Fundamentals course is proficient in GitLab and has knowledge of the majority of the functionality in GitLab.
Why to use GitLab?
GitLab is great way to manage git repositories on centralized server. GitLab gives you complete control over your repositories or projects and allows you to decide whether they are public or private for free.
Features of GitLab Course:
- GitLab hosts your (private) software projects for free.
- GitLab is a platform for managing Git repositories.
- GitLab offers free public and private repositories, issue-tracking and wikis.
- GitLab is a user friendly web interface layer on top of Git, which increases the speed of working with Git.
- GitLab provides its own Continuous Integration(CI) system for managing the projects and provides user interface along with other features of GitLab.
Advantages of GitLab Tutorial:
- GitLab provides GitLab Community Edition version for users to locate, on which servers their code is present.
- GitLab provides unlimited number of private and public repositories for free.
- The Snippet section can share small amount of code from a project, instead of sharing whole project.
Stages of Software Development:
The natural course of the software development process passes through 10 major steps; GitLab has built solutions for all of them:
- IDEA: Every new proposal starts with an idea, which usually come up in a chat. For this stage, GitLab integrates with Mattermost.
- ISSUE: The most effective way to discuss an idea is creating an issue for it. Your team and your collaborators can help you to polish and improve it in the issue tracker.
- PLAN: Once the discussion comes to an agreement, it’s time to code. But wait! First, we need to prioritize and organize our workflow. For this, we can use the Issue Board.
- CODE: Now we’re ready to write our code, once we have everything organized.
- COMMIT: Once we’re happy with our draft, we can commit our code to a feature-branch with version control.
- TEST: With GitLab CI, we can run our scripts to build and test our application.
- REVIEW: Once our script works and our tests and builds succeeds, we are ready to get our code reviewed and approved.
- STAGING: Now it’s time to deploy our code to a staging environment to check if everything worked as we were expecting or if we still need adjustments.
- PRODUCTION: When we have everything working as it should, it’s time to deploy to our production environment!
- FEEDBACK: Now it’s time to look back and check what stage of our work needs improvement. We use Cycle Analytics for feedback on the time we spent on key stages of our process.
- It’s most useful for:
- Discussing ideas
- Submitting feature proposals
- Asking questions
- Reporting bugs and malfunction
- Obtaining support
- Elaborating new code implementations
Conclusion to GitLab Training:
GitLab Training is a web Git repository to manage your software projects. It is a one-stop place where you can manage your software projects, manage issues, teams, groups, wikis and anything to make the delivery of end product to the customer faster. It helps you to be productive in managing all aspects of software development, so that you can focus on writing logic that adds value to the end users.
Through this preparation, the competitors would get the opportunity to find out about the astounding information that can utilize considerable Marketing Intelligence and Business Intelligence to recognize the client conduct, change of each move, dealing with the robot programming, ongoing investigation, and so forth. So the hopefuls would probably create high income for the association utilizing the GitLab device. Besides, learning GitLab online Training thought to get the hopefuls acknowledgment in the working environment and include a pace in their profession just as this is a standout amongst the most requested range of abilities of the period in the IT Industry. For more details and contact information go through our official website globalonlinetrainings.com to get knowledge and to explore system.