Introduction to Google Web Toolkit:
After completing of Google Web Toolkit Training you will find yourself at an moderate level in Google Web Toolkit from their you can take yourself to next levels. Contact Global Online Trainings help desk now for more details.
Pre Requisite Of Google Web Toolkit Training:
- Basic Java knowledge
- Good to have some knowledge in HTML and CSS.
Google Web Toolkit Online Training Course Content
1: Ajax & GWT
- Ajax Emergence & Challenges
- Motivations Behind GWT
- GWT Solution concepts as a part of Google Web Toolkit Training
2: Getting Started with GWT
- Setup GWT Environment
- Creating a Project concepts as a part of Google Web Toolkit Training
- Hosted vs. Web Mode
3: GWT User Interfaces
- A Basic User Interface
- GWT Module Entry Point
- Creating & Configuring Widgets
- Google Web Toolkit Training –Laying Out Widgets
- Using the RootPanel
- Basic Styling
- Modifying GWT Code
4: Core GWT Widgets
- GWT Hyperlinks
- Selection & Listing Widgets
- Widget Behavior-Google Web Toolkit Training
- Configuring Widgets
5: Organizing User Interfaces in GWT
- GTW Layouts
- Organizing Widgets into Panels
- Various GWT Layouts
- FlowingPanel & DockingPane Layout
- Using FlexTable ,Grid & PupupPanel
- Dialog Boxes concepts as a part of Google Web Toolkit Training
- Disclosure Panel
6: Event Handling in GWT
- GWT Event Model
- Using Event Listeners
- Listener Adapters
- Types of Events-Google Web Toolkit Training
- Keyboard & Mouse Events
- Tab Events
- Table Cell Events
- Browser Differences
7: Using Images in GWT
- Using Images in GWT
- GWT Image Widget concepts as a part if Google Web Toolkit Training
- Prefetching Images
- Using Image Bundles
8: Executing Hosted vs. Web Mode in GWT
- Hosted vs. Web Mode in GWT
- Page Loading Steps in Hosted Mode
- Running in Web Mode
- Google Web Toolkit Training – GWT Generated Files
- Obfuscation in GWT Generated Files
- GWT Deployment
9: History and Bookmarks in GWT
- History and Bookmarks in GWT Ajax
- Creating Bookmarked Pages
- History Token Listener-Google Web Toolkit Training
- Reacting to Back and Forward Buttons
10: The Pizza Purchasing Project Domain in GWT
- Pizza Purchasing Project in GWT
11: GWT Utility Classes
- GWT Cookies ,Utility Classes & Random Class
- GWT Animation
- Uploading Files in GWT
- GWT Window , Location & Timer Class
12: RPC Protocol in GWT
- Placing Code Components
- RemoteService & RemoteServiceServletInterface
- The AsynchCallback Interface
- RPC Events concepts a a part of Google Web Toolkit Training
Importance and why to use Google Web Toolkit:
Listed below is the importance, more will discuss it in detail as a part of Google Web Toolkit Training.
- The GWT mainly handles all cross browser issues for the developers
- Google Web Toolkit ia an open source software.
- GWT provides an easy integration with the Junit & Maven.
- GWT is extensible & the custom widget based which can be created to cater to various application needs.
- No need to write HTML which means that there is no need of scriptlets .It uses CSS for formatting for some layout
- GWT applications can run on all major browsers & also smart phones including Android & iOS based phones and tablets.
- The Ajax features can be implemented without thinking about the DOM manipulation
Architecture overview of GWT:
- It has one page application , it is fundamentally designed for applications not for sites. The Page HTML dynamically generated through the DOM injection . It make use of Event Handlers to process user action. The c ommunication with server is via AJAX RPC calls.Join for Google Web Toolkit Training and learn how it re-use of data objects between the client & server.
Major Components Of GWT:
listed below are components of GWT, in detail will discuss in Google Web Toolkit Training
- The GWT Hosted Web Browser run & execute app in hosted mode, and is commonly used for debugging
- GWT Web UI class library 14 A set of custom interfaces & classes for creating widgets.
Listed below are few capabilities of Google Web Toolkit, more we will discuss in Google Web Toolkit Training
- History Or Back button support: The URL tokens are added programmatically when history needs to be stored . The Event handling of state change.
- Accessibility: Hooks available for the ARIA compliant roles & states
- Internationalization: Date, Time and Number formatter with locale support String Internationalization with Properties files, further will discuss it in Google Web Toolkit Training.
- Development Mode: It allows for testing of the GWT code without compilation.
- Code Splitting: Programmatically separate Code . The Segmented code will be automatically pulled asynchronously .
GWT Remote Procedure Call (RPC):
- The GWT RPC has the mechanism for interacting the server by invoking a method. It is very easy for the client & server to pass java objects back & forth over the HTTP, as it has got the serializations mechanism to bridge between client & server. By making proper user og GWTRPC you can allow to develop an application where all the UI logic resides on the client, leaving the business logic on server, thus resulting the application with greatly improved performance , by reducing band width and web server load.
Global Online Trainings provides the instructor lead Google Web Toolkit Training with hands on experience, contact us by requesting a demo now.