Introduction to HDFS Training:
HDFS is provided by ‘Global Online Training’ which is one of the best corporate training providers in India. Global online trainings take our unrivaled classroom experience straight to your computer with real time classes. HDFS Corporate Training available anywhere you are from home or office. Global Online Trainings providing the best Hadoop HDFS training at a reasonable price. Before going to the details of HDFS training, let’s have a look at the basics of HDFS. At Global Online Trainings we also provide Classroom Training in Hyderabad, Nodia, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi etc., Let’s see what exactly HDFS is, Hadoop HDFS is a java based distributed file system for storing large unstructured data sets. Hadoop HDFS is designed to provide high performance access to data across large Hadoop clusters of commodity servers.
Prerequisites for HDFS training:
Should have the basic knowledge on:
- Any Linux flavor OS (Ex: Ubuntu/Cent OS/Fedora/RedHat Linux) with 4 GB RAM (minimum), 100 GB HDD
- Java 1.6+
- Open-SSH server & client
- MYSQL Database
- Eclipse IDE
- VMWare (To use Linux OS along with Windows OS)
HDFS Corporate Training Course Outline:
- Course Name: HDFS Training
- Duration of the Course: 40 Hours (It can also be optimized as per required period).
- Mode of Training: Classroom and Corporate Training
- Timings: According to one’s Feasibility
- Materials: Yes, We are providing Materials for Hadoop HDFS Corporate Training (We will get the soft copy material)
- Sessions will be conducted through WEBEX, GOTOMETTING or SKYPE
- Basic Requirements: Good Internet Speed, Headset.
- Trainer Experience: 10+Years
- Course Fee: Please register in our website, so that one of our agents will assist you.
What is HDFS?
HDFS is the world’s most reliable storage system. HDFS is a Filesystem of Hadoop designed for storing very large files running on a cluster of commodity hardware. It is designed on the principle of storage of less number of large files rather than the huge number of small files.
Hadoop HDFS provides a fault-tolerant storage layer for Hadoop and its other components. HDFS Replication of data helps us to attain this feature. It stores data reliably, even in the case of hardware failure. It provides high throughput access to application data by providing the data access in parallel.
Features of HDFS Corporate Training:
a. Distributed Storage
HDFS stores data in a distributed manner. It divides the data into small pieces and stores it on different DataNodes in the cluster. In this manner, the Hadoop Distributed File System provides a way to MapReduce to process a subset of large data sets broken into blocks, parallelly on several nodes. MapReduce is the heart of Hadoop, but HDFS is the one who provides it all these capabilities.
HDFS splits huge files into small chunks known as blocks. Block is the smallest unit of data in a filesystem. We (client and admin) do not have any control on the block like block location. NameNode decides all such things.
HDFS default block size is 128 MB. We can increase or decrease the block size as per our need. This is unlike the OS filesystem, where the block size is 4 KB.
If the data size is less than the block size of HDFS, then block size will be equal to the data size.
For example, if the file size is 129 MB, then 2 blocks will be created for it. One block will be of default size 128 MB, and the other will be 1 MB only and not 128 MB as it will waste the space (here block size is equal to data size). Hadoop is intelligent enough not to waste the rest of 127 MB. So it is allocating 1 MB block only for 1 MB data.
The major advantage of storing data in such block size is that it saves disk seek time and another advantage is in the case of processing as mapper processes 1 block at a time. So 1 mapper processes large data at a time.
Hadoop HDFS creates duplicate copies of each block. This is known as replication. All blocks are replicated and stored on different DataNodes across the cluster. It tries to put at least 1 replica in a different rack.
Scalability means expanding or contracting the cluster. We can scale Hadoop HDFS in 2 ways.
- Vertical Scaling: We can add more disks on nodes of the cluster.For doing this, we need to edit the configuration files and make corresponding entries of newly added disks. Here we need to provide downtime though it is very less. So people generally prefer the second way of scaling, which is horizontal scaling.
- Horizontal Scaling: Another option of scalability is of adding more nodes to the cluster on the fly without any downtime. This is known as horizontal scaling.We can add as many nodes as we want in the cluster on the fly in real-time without any downtime. This is a unique feature provided by Hadoop.
Conclusion to HDFS Training:
Global online training team provides a successful combination of large customer service knowledge and depth product experience information to help you deliver differentiated customer knowledge. From a planned performance to always-on service, we build sure you get the most excellent worth out of HDFS. Global Online Training is the best for HDFS Corporate training. We are the best corporate training providers; we just don’t teach you the technologies rather we make you understand with live examples, the sessions we conduct are interactive and informative. If the candidates miss any of the sessions due to some unavailability, we will give assurance for backup sessions. Global Team will be in switch on mode for 24/7 and will solve any issues regarding the training, timings, trainer or server. We are ready to solve any issues within no time. We are providing the best Hadoop HDFS Online training at a reasonable price. We also provide HDFS Classroom Training in India at Hyderabad, Bangalore, Nodia, Pune, Chennai etc., we have core team of experts for this HDFS training. As it is an online training, the training timings will be the candidate feasibility. For details of this HDFS training course, you can contact with the Global online training team.