IBM Cognos Planning Training
Introduction to IBM Cognos Planning Training:
IBM Cognos planning training controls the full functionality of spreadsheets to increase efficiency by eliminating manual tasks. The solution accesses all data and integrates financial results and analysis with action plans. Data modeling is possible through dynamic planning to gain insights, communicate with compelling visualizations, make design predictions and analyze alternative expectations. Global Online Trainings provides IBM Cognos Planning Training with in-depth knowledge. IBM Cognos Planning course is trained by best industry experts and the Best IBM Cognos Planning online training is prepared with best industry updates for offering participants best professional insight over modules. The training is available for individual and corporate batches. To know more about this online training course contact reach at helpdesk of Global Online Trainings today.
Perquisites of IBM Cognos planning course:
- Knowledge of your organization’s data and structure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
IBM Cognos planning online Course outline:
- Program Name: IBM Cognos planning Training course.
- Duration of Course: 30 Hours (It can also be optimized as per required period).
- Mode of training:Online, Classroom, and corporate training.
- Timings:According to one’s feasibility.
- Batch Type: Regular, weekends and fast track.
- Materials: Yes, we are providing materials for IBM Cognos planning onlineTraining. (We will get the soft copy material)
- Sessions will be conducted through WEBEX, GoToMeeting OR SKYPE.
- Basic Requirements:Good Internet Speed, Headset.
- Trainer Experience: 10+ years.
- Course Fee: please register on our website, so that one of our agents will assist you
Overview of IBM Cognos planning:
The IBM Cognos Planning enables customers to access the system at all times, without interruption, for efficient global planning, budgeting, and assessment processes using the Transaction Data Store, which uses the capability of XML-formatted data. This data store design is the most efficient for this natural store transaction system. However, it is not designed for efficient and scalable enterprise reporting requirements. A number of new features and enhancements to existing features are introduced in Cognos Planning version 7.3.
- Security considerations when designing access to Cognos Planning – Contributor applications, and access to the Administration Console
- Upgrading Contributor applications to Cognos Planning version 7.3
- Using links to improve the Cognos Planning model design
- Improvements in automation and macros
- Integrating Cognos Planning with Cognos ReportNet and with PowerPlay
- running Cognos Planning – Analyst macros and scheduling batch jobs from the command line using CepBatch.exe utility
- Migrating Contributor applications between test and live environments
What is IBM Cognos planning?
IBM Cognos Planning is a finance managed solution that can translate into prudent plans, budgets and forecasts for both operational and business planning. It supports ancient fund processes, driver-driven approaches, and permits the creation of rolling forecasts to produce period visibility into resource necessities and future business results.
Who can go for this IBM Cognos planning course?
- Data Modelers
- Business Analysts
- Aspirants willing to build their career in development field
What you will learn in this IBM Cognos planning online Training?
You will learn how to:
- Create and edit dimensions
- Build cubes and data views
- Load and maintain data
- Add business rules
- Optimize business rule performance
- Transfer data into the model
- Customize and edit drill paths
- Use rules for advanced modeling
- Convert currencies
- Model for different fiscal requirements
- Deploy IBM Planning Analytics applications
What are the Product Highlights of the IBM Cognos planning?
- Finance-owned solution with easy modelling language that can be developed by financial analysts without IT involvement.
- Scales to thousands of participants to support top-down and bottom-up planning and forecasting.
- Supports best practices such as driver-based planning and rolling forecasts that speed planning cycles and increase accuracy.
- Multidimensional slicing-and-dicing, drill-down, and the exclusive break-back feature help you explore data fully and efficiently.
- Planners can attach any file type to a cell, model, or submission of a forecast to communicate the rationale and policies behind plans and forecasts.
- Flexible deployment with Web browser or Microsoft Excel interface offers all the advantages of a dedicated enterprise solution with the familiarity and convenience of a spreadsheet
- We also provide the best training for the cognos training
Cognos Planning now has Administration, system, and local links so that administrators and Web client users can move data between Contributor cubes and applications.
Administration Links- Administrators can use administration links to quickly and easily move between applications without publishing large amounts of data. Since the data can be moved easily, you can create smaller applications. Smaller applications improve performance because fewer e.Lists have faster reconciliation time. In addition, smaller applications generally do not require more access tables and cut-down models, so the time taken to run a go-to product is reduced.
- Run in the Contributor Administration Console, and using macros by the administrator.
- Designed to move large amounts of data and can be scheduled.
- Run on the job servers.
- Stored in the common datastore.
- Can contain multiple elements (sub-links) enabling a single link to have many cubes as the source and target.
- Can map an e.List dimension to a non-e.List dimension, enabling you to move data between applications that do not share an e.List
- Can run a link to a locked e.List item.
System Links- Administrators can create system links to allow users to move small amounts of data between the cube in the source application to the cube in the target application. These run from the web client user web client session.
- Run on the Contributor Web client by the Contributor application user (but created by the administrator in the Contributor Administration Console).
- Designed to move small amounts of data on an ad-hoc basis.
- Run on the Web client computer.
- Stored with the target application.
- Can contain only one element, and as a result can only contain one source and target cube.
- Can only map an e.List to an e.List dimension.
- Cannot run a link to a locked e.List item.
Local Links-Local links allow web client users to load data from external data sources and from an active contributor grid into a contributor application. You create and execute local links in the web client. They are similar to system links. For best performance, we recommend that users import from an external source into an eList item at once.
- Local links are created in the Web client, and not the Contributor Administration Console.
- Local links can be used to import data from external data sources.
- In local links, users can only import data from tabs in the active Contributor grid (system
- links can import data from source cubes to which the user has no access rights)
Conclusion to IBM Cognos Planning Training:
IBM Cognos Planning Training is integrated with various Cognos products to provide a complete solution for analysis and reporting Contributor streamlines data collection and workflow management. This eliminates errors, version control, and timeliness issues that are only a feature of the planning system based on spreadsheets. Users have the option of submitting information at the same time through a simple web or excel interface. Using an intranet or secure Internet connection, users only review the data they have authorized and enter.
Global online trainings provides the best IBM Cognos Planning training by the corporate trainer. IBM Cognos Planning online training helps you to learn basics and advance concepts Cognos BI tutorial in an effective and practical manner. It has created a huge number of job opportunities across the world. In the salary-wise, IBM Cognos Planning Integration professionals are getting paid handsome salaries. Global Online Trainings is the best place to explore the knowledge and skills. The global online training team will always be available to clarify your doubts regarding Best IBM Cognos Planning online training. If you have any doubts regarding this IBM Cognos Planning certification training, please feel free to contact the help desk.