IBM Mainframe training
Introduction to IBM Mainframe Training:
IBM mainframe training is provided by Global Online Trainings. Global Online Training is one of the leading online training institutes. We offer the best IBM mainframe training at a reasonable price. You can get the right knowledge and skills in our IBM Mainframe course training. Global Online Trainings provides IBM Mainframe Training by experts. The classes are taken here in flexible-hour; participants can take their classes at their spare time as per personal schedule. We provide the best interactive and informative IBM Mainframe training.
Mode of Training: We provide online mode of training and also corporate, virtual web training.
Duration Of Program: 30 Hours (Can Be Customized As Per Requirement).
Materials: Yes, we are providing materials for IBM Mainframe Online Training.
Course Fee: Please Register in Website, So that one of our Agents will assist you.
Trainer Experience: 12+ years.
Prerequisites of IBM Mainframe Training:
The prerequisites of IBM mainframe training are
- COBOL DB2
- IBM CICS.
Overview of IBM Mainframe Training:
Learn Features of Mainframe in IBM mainframe training:
Most of the organizations, to run their business they use IBM mainframe. We have to know the features of the mainframe.
- The main feature of the mainframe is, it can store huge amount of data. Mainframe computers have very high processing speed.
- It can execute four lakh million instructions per second.
- There is no possibility of hacking and virus threats. The mainframe can also be interfaced with other applications. Concurrently, it can also support lakhs of users.
- In order to run any computer, you need to have an interface between the user and computer. We have different interfaces or operating systems like VMS, MVS/ESA, and ZOS available in mainframe computers.
- In order to work or connect to the mainframe computer, you need to have internet as well as emulator installed on your system.
- There are different emulators such as the hummingbird, VIEW NOW, vista, rumba and much more available in the market.
- Every mainframe has an individual IP address. In order to connect to a particular mainframe system and just type an address into the emulator and click on connect. So that’s it you will get connected to a mainframe computer.
- There are some places where mainframe is vastly used. They are banking applications, insurance application, reservation systems, and also highly used in the telecom communications. In that telecom, they have to keep track of each and every pulse.
- Mainframes are also used in the manufacturing applications like automobile manufacturing, electrical product manufacturing, and motors manufacturing. They are also used in the retail applications. This is all about the introduction of the mainframes.
Mainframes are used extensively due to its unique features.
- It is more reliable. Whenever mainframe experience in downtime then it automatically isolates the error and which is not possible in other systems.
- It is more secure compared to the other systems.
- Scalability is another important feature of the mainframe.
- One software version is always compatible with the other versions.
These are the basic advantages of the mainframe. We can learn so many things in our IBM mainframe training.
Learn Characteristics of Mainframe OS in IBM Mainframe training:
There are mainly six important characteristics of the mainframe OS. They are virtual storage, buffering, multi-programming, batch processing, spooling, and time sharing. Buffering is having a place where all the tasks that have to execute one after the other. Multiple programming resides in the primary memory at any point in time. Batch processing is one of the main characteristics of the mainframe operating system. Time-sharing is, the time is given for each user to access the mainframe. Spooling is also similar to the concept of buffering.
Learn JCL in IBM Mainframe training:
- JCL means Job Control Language. It is a scripting language. After creating a program, you need to compile and execute the program. In order to compile your program, there should be an interpreter. With the help of JCL, we can compile and execute our programs.
- The main thing about the JCL is, it can compile both online and batch programs. It is used for integrating the programs. We can also pass a large volume of data from one program to another program.
- Job control language can create the datasets or delete the datasets. By using this, we can set the data in either ascending order or descending order.
- JCL can filter the records, change the report layout, and also can send a report to a printer. In the mainframe, we are calling a file as a dataset.
- It can also be used to copy the records from one dataset to another dataset. Backup plays a vital role in the real-time. Any batch processing contains main task and each main task is divided into subtasks and also subtasks into data sets. Mainly, we use two parameters at the job level.
- They are account information and program name. Accounting information should be coded immediately after operand and should 1-20 alphanumeric characters. We can identify the programmer name by using the program name parameter. This is all about the positional parameter.
- Keyword parameters can be coded in any order and these are not mandatory whereas positional parameters are followed by job operand. There are so many parameters at job level are like MSGCLASS, CLASS, NOTIFY, MSGLEVEL, PRIORITY. There are also some keywords available at the activity level.
- Now, what is CLASS? CLASS is a keyword parameter and it is mainly used for categorizing the job on CPU time. And all these parameters are defined by operators, depends on the installation they use. MSGCLASS is used to route the diagnostic messages.
- It is something like a log where we want to route the messages. We can store the logs in different destinations like a printer or auxiliary storage area. MSG LEVEL is used to control the volume of the messages.
JCL is a very important concept in IBM mainframe training. We will tell you all the basics and after that advanced topics of JCL in our IBM mainframe training.
Learn CICS basics in IBM mainframe training:
- CICS means Customer Information Control System. Ant type of mainframe application divided into online and batch.
- Several online and batch environments can be created for large size applications and different modules.
- Generally, a mainframe is a combination of transactions and job.
- A job is nothing but a batch processing and transactions is online programs. In the IBM CICS training mostly we use the word transaction while in JCL we use the word job.
- In most cases, the online system consists of transactions which are a logical unit of work. There are mainly two types of transactions. One is system defined transaction and user-defined transaction.
- Both system defined transaction and user-defined transaction form between one to four alphanumeric characters.
- User-defined transactions are defined based on the end users need. The system defined transactions are defined by online for a repeated task.
- Online is nothing but a multi-tasking environment where various programs can be executed by multiple users. The online environment is also a multi-threading environment.
- The same program being executed by multiple users concurrently is known as multi-threading. Without a screen, we cannot enter into an online environment.
- With the screens, the online users interact with the online system. We are going to see all the topics of CICS in IBM mainframe training.
- CICS users are the business users who browse or update the data from the database. In order to store the data, we are provided with the screens to the data entry operators.
- They manually do the tasks or they can also use automation tools. Whatever the data that is used in the batch system, it could be either from another batch system or online system.
- Most of the CICS transactions are inquiries which are used to browse the data in the DB2 tables or VSAM file. There is so many difference between online and batch system.
- For reducing the burden on online most of the task is done in the batch side whereas minimal validations are done in the online system.
- Mostly every application will have both batch and online systems. We can do practically in our IBM mainframe training.
- There are several ways of placing a cursor on the screen. They are static, dynamic and relative. It is always better to use dynamic cursor positioning while an error is noticed and a terminal user is notified with an error message. We do provide IBM CICS training.
Learn DB2 basics in IBM Mainframe training:
- DB2 training is nothing but Database Management System (RDBMS) and is stored as a separate subsystem.
- We can create multiple systems like testing environment, production environment, and development environment.
- DB2 subsystem consists of DB objects such as storage group, table space, index space, tables, DB group and rows and columns. As an application programmer, we use tables, columns & rows and indexes. Columns are also called as attributes and another name for rows is tuples.
- There are different types of data types available in mainframe DB2. They are SMALL INTEGER, INTEGER, CHAR, VARCHAR, DECIMAL, DATE, TIME, GRAPH, and VARGRAPH. There are some important tools to know.
- They are QMF and SPUFI. QMF is used to execute one query at a time whereas SPUFI is to execute multiple queries a time.
- In the SPUFI, the queries are stored in PDS member. A query is typed itself in the QMF. SPUFI can process the large volumes of the data.
- QMF can process a low volume of data. The error code cannot be displayed in QMF whereas error code is displayed in SPUFI. The rows to be displayed cannot be restricted. In the SPUFI, the number of rows can be displayed and can also be restricted.
- We have to know what sub-query is. Query within a query is called as a sub-query. Sub-query within a sub-query is known as nested sub-query.
- We can have 15 sub-queries can be coded in one single query. This is the maximum number. There is another term called co-related sub-query. This is quite opposite to nested sub-query and sub-query. In every row of the outer query, an inner query must execute at least once.
- SQL code is DB2 supplied variable which contains system defined numeric number generated by SQL commands. To use SQL code, we have a system defined member SQLCA that must be copied under working storage section.
We should know all the basics of IBM mainframe DB2. This will be useful. We will discuss IBM mainframe DB2 in our IBM mainframe training. To know more about DB2, Please visit DB2 training.
Conclusion of IBM Mainframe training:–
Global Online Trainings provides the best IBM Mainframe training by corporate trainer. IBM Mainframe online training helps you to learn all the mainframe topics in an easy manner. We are one of the best online training institutes for IBM mainframe training. The average salary of IBM mainframe professional is 5 to 6 Lakh per annum. It is the most sophisticated business technology in the world. We are providing the best IBM mainframe Training with Materials. Our Trainers are subject matter experts with 10+ year’s experience. we provide online virtual classes and corporate. Candidates go on weekdays or weekends sessions. The requirements for this IBM mainframe training course are good internet speed and headset. Trainees will get the soft copy materials. For more information of IBM mainframe training, please contact us.