Introduction of NetApp Training:
NetApp Training by Global Online Trainings will tell that it is a hardware storage device which gives the solution for Fabric Attach Storage (FAS). The main goal of NetApp is to design solutions that are focused on storage and data management and that solution should help the customer to drive their businesses further faster. It is really designed around three principles or dimensions such as speed, economics, and scale. The Flash in is a key component of the NetApp and from a value standpoint by NetApp ONTAP 9.x Online Training from India, it increases the speed in response time by minimizing the latency and allowing an application to get its data faster more effectively. All the NetApp hardware, storage box, and software are basically appliance in the NetApp Training. The NetApp software is integrated on the fast boxes it means NetApp has its own hardware and it is installed on its own hardware.
Prerequisites for NetApp Training:
- Before learning this course you should be familiar with EMC Networker and IBM SAN.
- Service Now and Commvault should also be known for this course.
- Basic knowledge of VMware, ONTAP and Raid Groups.
netapp training Course Content
- Primary function of a storage appliance
- SAN Foundation
- SAN Connectivity Method
- What is Fabric?
- What SAN does?
- SCSI Versace Fiber Channel
- Storage environments : SAN, NAS, DAS & CAS
- Fiber channel & its use
- Connectivity components in SAN
- Using storage appliance console to access plus execute commpluss
- Storage appliance system configuration
- Storage appliance configuration files from an admin host
- Setup aggregates plus volumes plus set volume specific option
- Physical interfaces used by a storage appliance
- Physical interface parameters on a storage appliance
- Virtual interface (VLANs plus VIFs)
- Storage appliance’s volumes to a host
- NDMP services on a storage appliance
- Volume plus aggregates copy on a storage appliance
- The admin privilege commpluss
- statit commplus
- Storage Appliance’s optional settings
- FC Topologies Direct connect, FC-AL & FC-SW
- Storage virtualization
- Brocade/Cisco SAN switch models
- Types of the Fiber channel ports
- Brocade Zoning, zoning types
- Firmware downloads & configuration uploads
- Host HBA installation & configurations
- Upgrading Data ONTAP via NFS, CIFS or HTTP
- Joining a storage appliances into a Windows 2000 domain using CIFS
- Filers plus new file systems
- System file
- Disk Technology IDE-SATA-SATA2-SAS-FC-FLASH-SSD
- SCSI – TCP/IP – iSCSI- FCP- iFCP- FCIP – FCOE
- FC SAN
- IP Storage
- Storage Management
- Data Management
- Fiber connectors- LC / SC
- Discuss about initiator & Target in Storage Terminology
- Differentiate b/w WWNN & WWPN
- Set the Snapshot schedule on a storage appliance
- Restore a deleted file from the .snapshot directory
- Create the /etc/quotas file
- Restrict disk space using quotas
- Backup a volume using a storage appliance native dump commplus
- Backup a qtree using a storage appliance native dump commplus
- Restoring a volume
- Restoring a qtree
Overview of NetApp Training:
There are amazing new storage technologies are available in NetApp Training and three of those advancements that we have today is storage virtualization, flash and cloud computing. The word virtualization means the physical device being separate and distinct from the logical representation such as end-users. The NetApp Training team recognizes these three advancements and they worked incredibly hard for producing software and hardware to address these things. When it comes to storage virtualization we can take these cool arrays of disks and can go ahead for clustering them together.
- Let assume that there are four clusters of arrays and inside these arrays are many disks and all of these devices and disks inside the physical infrastructure.
- The beauty of storage virtualization in NetApp Training is that we can present the volumes to end-users which are made for simplicity and these volumes can be made up of any of these disks from any of these particular devices.
- This is the level of virtualization that we have today and it allows us to more readily provision and manage storage for users like never before and makes the process transaction faster to drive business operations faster.
- The other great technological advancement in the NetApp Training is the Flash storage. NetApp recognizes the importance of flash-based storage from a performance standpoint and gives us either all flash-based environments or nice hybrid environments to work in.
- So this reduction of moving parts with the old-fashioned mechanical hard drives and these newly improved advances in flash technology is really revolutionizing what can we do with storage.
- In the terms of cloud computing, NetApp recognizes that companies want to utilize perhaps public cloud infrastructure or they want to build their own private cloud or they want to use the combination of both of these as a hybrid cloud in implementation.
- So there will be many software and many hardware products designed to assist with cloud computing.
- Global Online Trainings provide VMware Training will help to reduce storage infrastructure costs and increase data protection and availability in order to virtualize more systems with VMware by using NetApp. The thin provisioning technology of NetApp ONTAP 9.x Online Training from India with corporate training videos and course materials allows entering into a model where storage is provisioned on demand.
NetApp Training in Storage Architecture:
There are different components that make up the NetApp storage architecture in NetApp Training. The mandatory components are disks, aggregates, and volumes, and Q trees are optional. The LUNs are for sand protocols.
- The bottom level of storage architecture contains the physical disks means hard drives. The disks get grouped into aggregates and an aggregate is a set of physical disks. One of the attributes of the aggregates is the raid group and can be configured on the aggregate page.
- The next level we have volumes and volumes are the lowest level where the clients can access their data. The volumes can be shared and then a windows host can map a drive to that volume.
- The disks and aggregates of NetApp Training are physical resources, and volumes are the logical resource on top of them.
- You could have multiple volumes on the same aggregate or maybe just one volume in the aggregate.
- The next level of NetApp Training is Q trees which have the main function to configure quarters. So you could limit the total size of Q trees or limit the amount of space that a user or group can use.
- The configuration process of Q tree sends it in the volume and the Q tree will show up to the clients as a directory in that volume. They could also map the directory to the Q tree as well if they want to share that.
- The last component of the storage architecture is LUNs which are logical unit numbers. A LUN is specific to SANs which is storage container used to store the information. The LUNs can either go in a Q tree or into a volume.
- The other storage architecture component in NetApp Training is Storage Virtual Machine (SVM) which used to be known as V servers but they were renamed to SVM and a more recent version of the operating system.
So storage virtual machines and V servers they both mean exactly the same thing in NetApp ONTAP 9.x Online Training from India with corporate training videos and course materials. If you working in the GUI now then you will see a list of storage virtual machine and if you are configuring the command line then they still called V servers. With storage virtual machine of NetApp Training now you can have one physical storage system where you can virtualize it in many separate and logical storage systems which are kept secure and separate from each other.
NetApp Training on ONTAP:
In these days, the business requirements are changing so to maintain the position in this growing environment you have to work and update the systems and technologies which should become with the suitable cost and properly integrate with each other to give better performance. The NetApp Training is developed with the vision of providing better and high storage capabilities along with most powerful protection to the business infrastructures.
- It serves as the foundation for your data fabric across flash, disks, and cloud, and bridges new and traditional architectures.
- ONTAP is designed by NetApp Training to simplify the storage environment, generate new solution fast, monitoring the utilization using mobile devices and seamlessly move the data across a hybrid cloud data fabric by using ONTAP over a wide range of deployment options.
- NetApp Training further optimized ONTAP for flash with improved performance and capacity exploitation. While including compression, repetition and other important necessary things for storage then it will reduce the duplicate values and support for a large amount of drive space in a single disk container.
- NetApp ONTAP 9.x Online Training from India with corporate training videos and course materials also provides good security for failures by three layers of data protection and gives the availability across big cities. It basically spends less time for storage and meets tough data maintenance policies with improved compliance features.
- The data management comes in the form of protection with the NetApp or ONTAP snapshots. These are instant point-in-time recovery points for the data. It is very easy to use and has the non-performing impact.
- Checkpoint Training will help you to protect your system from hackers and unauthorized users in order to protect your confidential information. The checkpoint acts as a firewall and the main purpose of it to allow only the traffic from your pc to the internet and to block any untrusted sources from accessing your system.
- In the terms of storage efficiency, the data replication, thin provision, compression, and compaction reduces the total cost of the underlying capacity of storage that required for managing the data.
- The SnapMirror technology of NetApp ONTAP 9.x Online Training from India with corporate training videos and course materials helps for Data replication and portability. By using this it is very easy to move the data from one place to the public cloud or across clouds.
- The NetApp Training software is integrated into the fast boxes it means NetApp has its own hardware and it is installed on its own hardware.
NetApp Training with All-Flash FAS:
NetApp Training All-Flash FAS will give the most predictable performance which has stayed below a millisecond and better than the spinning disks. NetApp ONTAP 9.x Online Training from India with corporate training videos and course materials is very straightforward with the newly optimized arrays that can be purchased and easy to set up. The business-critical workloads require reliable high progress and a broad set of industry management capabilities for the information to stay in the fast-growing environment.
- It is a new product in the NetApp Training portfolio but it has the same hardware as the hardware of the existing AFS8000 and also the indicator bulb which comes with various colors and warns us whether or not we are looking at an AFF.
- A lot of changes or clustered changes have taken place under this new tool for ONTAP that made it optimized for flash.
- NetApp uses the technology and lessons learned to speak from their flash ray line to bring those optimizations and enhancements to Data ONTAP.
- NetApp All-Flash FAS provides both the functionalities and it helps the databases to perform faster for a quick response by NetApp ONTAP 9.x Online Training from India with corporate training videos and course materials.
- The system is powered by data ONTAP flash fundamentals and innovative mechanisms that can increase the efficiency for better performance and consistent storage capability.
- The FAS includes optimized data path of flash, data redundancy and can be written layout anywhere for a file. It is faster than other flash arrays and provides fast delivery of data from flash to disk and cloud.
- The nodes of NetApp Training can be added or send to the cloud in order to increase the capacity, progress and to prevent changing the entire setup for a system.
- In terms of compatibility, the integration of application can simplify the management capability of third-party applications such as Microsoft, VMware etc.
- NetApp Training also provides security for the data which makes it a standard tool. It supports both synchronized and non-corresponding imitation along with the full facility of consistent backup for the application.
- Some other software changes such as the premium software bundles and all protocols are now included with the Flash FAS means it provide the multi-protocol functionality of the NetApp line such as sips, fiber channel, photo channel and NFS as well as the snap manager tools.
NetApp Training with SAN:
The SAN stands for Storage Area Network and it is a piece of hardware that sits on the network and communicates to the servers. IBM SAN Training by Global Online Trainings will explain to you that SANs are generally defined as enterprise-level hardware and allow a single location or storage for the business data. SANs are not built-in a lot of specialist software and redundancy for machine critical kind of application. There are a lot of manufacturers out there such as Dell which is famous for their EMF for their ecologic, NetApp Training for their filers called toasters and EMCs etc. These vendors all have advantages and disadvantages as well as price points and within their range of SANs, they will have different levels.
- The main benefit of SAN in NetApp Training is the access over local storage and one of these is the administration which is far easier to get the overall view of the storage infrastructure from one management tool as opposed to having to go into each individual server and review it individually.
- The term storage always comes with two aspects which are capacity i.e. how much storage does need and performance.
- The workloads can change on the different servers and it is difficult to calculate the loads so by using a storage array we can tackle both of these kinds of requirements.
- We could have a large number of disks to handle the performance but we can also match the capacity of those disks and NetApp ONTAP 9.x Online Training from India with corporate training videos and course materials.
- SANs also have advanced software capabilities in NetApp Training and complex caching increases the performance. There is two type of cache in SAN which is volatile and non-volatile.
- That is for the different type of operations so when you are writing a SAN will cache the write into the non-volatile memory and it will send the request back to the server to say that disk that has been written even before it has been written to disk. Then it will build up this cache into a sequential write and write flush that cache to the disk.
- The volatile cache is a reading side so information that is read up can be held in the cache in case it is going to be reread by another server.
- The software associated with NetApp can do high-performance stuff like eliminate the duplication which reduces the amount of data physically stored on disk.
- Along with these, NetApp Training has lots of management tools such as snapshots, replication and thin provisioning and each of these comes with various functionalities and capabilities.