SAP Data services Training
Introduction to SAP Data Services Training:
SAP Data Services Training at Global Online Trainings- SAP Data Services helps the people to do the business process and to maintain the data in an easy manner. It also helps to integrate, govern the data. SAP Data services is an ETL tool. In which the data is present in database. Which is database driven. By learning this course you will get a clear idea about Business Objects Data Services also.
SAP Data Services 4.2 Online course is provided with practical knowledge by experienced trainers for both corporate and individual batches. Global Online Trainings offers best SAP Data Services 4.X Online Training. For more details contact our help desk.
Prerequisites for SAP Data Services Training:
To learn SAP Data Services Training at Global Online Trainings:
- The person must have basic knowledge on ETL tools
- Business Strategies
- Data Warehousing
Overview of SAP Data services Training:
SAP Data services Training include data migration, data quality, data governance.
The migration of data in SAP- Most of the companies didn’t feel that data migration is difficult. Data migration is all about making sure the data that gets into your application is of optimal quality. They feel your return on investment is its money; you are spending on SAP is its return.
Data migration is really a data quality project. It’s about looking at the business processes as they should be and looking at how to structure the data in the optimal way. To make sure that, a business process will run absolutely, efficiently.
Basically, data is of high quality if it does not suffer from data issues. There exist many issues with data. For many functions, such as operations, customer management, marketing analysis and decision making data is very helpful.
Dimensions of Data quality – SAP Data Services Training
- Accuracy is necessary to maintain the data accurate.
- Currency is the data valid.
- Conformance is used to find whether the data item conforms to internal or external reference data. It is the address and address within a postal. Address file is the product code a valid code from the product catalog.
- Consistency is the other dimension. It is used to find whether all the data have a consistent format are all your phone numbers in the same international number format.
- The next one is the completeness. It is all your data present or all your industry codes present for segmentation purposes.
- Duplication is used to check whether any duplicates exist in your database.
- The final dimension is Integrity. It helps to know that does your data satisfy the database.
Companies are trying to keep the data under control. And data continues to grow exponentially. At the same time, IT budgets are being reduced truly. Data Governance helps any organization to drive better value from its data.
It is the practice of defining the standards, processes, technology. Organization will rely on to manage its data. A comprehensive data governance strategy satisfies regulatory requirements, insurance, business continuity and empowers search and retrieval of all business. Data governance occurs at the cross-section of technology, people policies and processes.
Let us know the overview of SAP Data Services Training:
- When you log in to Data Services, you will be able to see a splash screen. Then you will have the ability to open a project. Later you can even create a new project and then create a data store. A data store acts as a connection to a source location or a target location.
- You can import it from files whether the CSV, XML etc.., Thus you will have a lot of options there.
- You can also find central repositories on the screen. It is the version of source safe where you can check code in and out to where you can migrate in between repositories- SAP Data Services Training.
- We can also maintain a backup of some code. So that, You can verify the developed business logic, where it may be a wrong or need to be changed and you just need to roll it back well with the central repository.
- In SAP Data Services Training- If you had already checked your previous code, then you can get your latest version and pull it back, down and you can find your management console. It actually deals with your scheduling and your administrative work of what you do with your repositories while on the other side, the designer for this is your development tool on what you do with your code and applying all your business logic when you are pulling data from your source and giving it to your target.
- You will find a couple of links to some SAP PDF documents at the bottom. Then you will find the most recent objects or projects that we opened up. Later you can go ahead and see the SAP design area. There you will find your project area and your local object library area.
- As we discussed earlier about database driven, all the code is stored inside a database and there you will find two different types. They are your local repository and central; where local repository means where you do all your development and then your central is where we have done work previously that means where the code is present.
- And when you want to migrate something or you want to pull something back down. If you have done any mistake, then you must have a recent version of it. You can find your menu bar at the top of the screen. It will be similar to all your windows tools.
- In the menu bar you will find new project, batch job, real-time job. There is a difference between a batch job and a real time job. A batch job is something that you schedule.
- We can call it the via web service. But, typically they are used for scheduling jobs of moving data from one to the other. When we consider the real time job, which allows you to call it in real time.
- In SAP Data Services Training- Let us consider of ordering system, where, someone calls in they want to find out the status of a current package; that they purchase and they expect it to be person calls in you- actually give them the order number. They submit it into a custom application.
- Once that is submitted, it makes a call to a real time job, passes the order number with it and the real-time job goes out and performs additional business logic. Maybe, it queries the database.
- It has to do other things and then it has returning data going back to the calling application. So in the real time job, you will be sent a message and the message will be returned to the calling application.
- In the menu bar you will have the workflows; which are the next level that helps, organize all your source target movement.
- It helps you to find a lot of your business logic, your data flow. This is the place where the entire meet happens. This is we actually pull data out of your source, define business logic and then load actual targets.
- In SAP Data Services Training- Data flows are used in terms of connecting to SAP data services. The transform present in the main menu, this is where you perform all of your business logic, your data stores.
- This is where you actually define your source and target. You will also find flat files, your Hadoops, your dtds, your XML schemas, COBOL, excel and finally you can actually create your own custom function. Data Services has added box functions also.
- You can open the project and can delete, close them, save, print. So, on edit button, add the box. Undo, cut, copy, paste.
- You can view specific toolbars by default layouts. You have different tools. With option you can go to your object library, your project area variables and the tools also deals with variables. You will have output custom functions, system configurations.
- These are different settings that you can set on your local report. Substitution parameters profile, export and import this allows you to actually import ETL code into it or you can export out to pass it as a file backup- SAP Data Services Training
- In SAP Data Services Training- You can find a debug option in menu. Start or stop this will actually let you step through the process. So, when we execute job then you can step through it if necessary. Windows and help are the other options present in the menu bar.
- The remaining process will be explained in depth during the SAP Data services Training.
How to create a data store in SAP Data Services Training:
- It is explained in SAP Data Services Training- In order to create a data store in SAP Data Services, you need to open the screen and then go into the designer.
- Then you will go over there to your local object library. And when we scroll over there to actual data stores tab, click on that and then go ahead and right click within the workspace area.
- Later, select new right after that you will see that and name it. You can call it as my target DW. Because, that will be the data warehouse. In the next step, go to the writing and there is more than one type of data store.
- You can have adapter databases j2e, Oracle PeopleSoft etc., at present when we work on databases, we need to select the database type and from there you may see all the different database options that we have within Data Services- SAP Data Services Training.
- The options that you find here are you get your federated Informix server, My SQL. You will have an ODBC connection in case there is particular format that is not supported by data services- SAP Data Services Training.
- But you can connect to it through ODBC. It depends upon your company standards. If they want all connections within a ODBC local to their environment.
- In SAP Data Services Training- Now, you have an option of working with SQL server and the database version 2008.Then you can make a connection and put it in the server and the database name. For any other server also, you need to define your server and database and then also your login credentials.
- And if this happens, then go ahead and click apply it. If it moves forward and accepted so that the options that you find below are the windows ad and if you select yes, then it will use your windows ad credentials there- SAP Data Services Training.
- During run time, it is going to use the service that is the designated to this. This is running the actual job in time. It is going to be using the username, password that you use when you log in.
- You can also set a default row commit when it writes, when des sources writes to the database. It will generate by default thousand rows at a time; you can finish it here again. You can overflow and some of the database defaults listed below- SAP Data Services Training.
- We can leave these as the database default. We can store it in the database as its data type. But, it will read it in as a bar chart. So it doesn’t affect your actual process. You can also have multiple configurations as well- SAP Data Services Training.
- You can add a new one, you can duplicate it and can rename one and where this comes plays important role. If you migrate between different environments or you have one ETL server that you want to connect to different environments.
- Maybe once dev tester prod and have one data store with a different connection and you just depict it during runtime, which configuration you want to use and upload to that server. Click on apply again, where you will find there at the left side.
- Thus, the data will be generated and now you can import any SQL functions, you can use simple tables which are add the box services. It is temporary in terms of temporary table- SAP Data Services Training
The more detailed information will be provided during the SAP Data services Training. The entire process will be explained practically by best trainers at Global online Trainings.