Service Oriented Architecture training Course Content
Introduction to Service Orientation
- Define the SOA
- List benefits of SOA
- Understand the move in IT which leads us to SOA & the business value it can bring
- Define Business Agility & explain the different aspects of agility
- Define a Service & a software service
- Discuss the possible role of Web Services in an SOA
- Understand the relation B/W SOA & CBD
- List benefits of using components for the Service implementation
- Describe the requirements of the Software Development Process that leads to services.
Describing Service Oriented Processes
- Examine the gap in Software Development B/W the model & the domain experts.
- Examine the gap in Software Development B/W the model & the developers.
- Recognize the area of tension B/W these two gaps.
- Discuss the potential role SOA plays in managing that gap.
- Recap/Overview of UML 2.1
- Describe requirements of the Software Development Process that leads to services.
- Discuss elements of a Service Oriented Process
- Understanding different workflows in a SOP
- Discuss the cultural and organizational changes required for SOA & SOP
- Understand the concept of “Design by Contract”
- Understand that SOP requires an iterative & incremental approach.