TABLEAU TRAINING INTRODUCTION:
Tableau Training is very powerful software which has been creating a lot of vendors in the business analytics space. Tableau is a reporting tool, reporting means display of data in an analyzed form or display of the analyzed data through a bar chart or pie chart or any other visualization techniques. Especially as a tool which can do powerful data visualization the representation of the data, so it’s a very amazing data visualization platform.
Tableau is it uses a query language called vizQL which is nothing but Visual Query Language. In SQL it’s more per data, but in vizQL it is more associated with the visual queries. Global Online Trainings offers Tableau Desktop Training is designed for the beginner to intermediate level Tableau user.
Prerequisites to attend Tableau Training:
- Tableau training attendees have basic knowledge on Bigdata, Hive and Hadoop.
- And also known the basics about OBIEE and SQL PSQL.
- BIP and Qlikview Desktop.
Tableau Training Course Content
Data Sources and Connections
Around desktop Work area
Organizing dimensions and measures
Types of charts
Overview about Tableau Training:
Tableau training is a business intelligence application; it helps in creating visualization using graphs, tables and maps. So we can connect to any kind of data, helps business and understanding the data and making informed decisions. Tableau answers business questions using interactive dashboards.
Tableau training is a visualization tool, it is also called as a BI (Business Intelligence) tools. Comparison between visualization tool and Business Intelligence tool it means that we have many Business Intelligence tools in market like COGNOS and SAP BO as well. Tableau training for its creates and reports by using drag and drop, so it is also called as drag and drop tool.
What is Business Intelligence?
BI (Business Intelligence) is a concept that deals with analysis of diverse data, Business Intelligence uses different tools and technologies to help in gathering, transforming and presenting data. Presentation of data is such that it helps business users in understanding the data and arrives at meaningful decisions.
Why Tableau Training?
- Tableau has many more visualization techniques. Due to variety of visualization techniques, Tableau training is much more preferred than any other reporting tools.
- Tableau training is used for business understanding purpose.
- The databases have different data, to understanding that data by using the data visualization tool.
- The data visualization it’s represented the data in the form of graphs and charts.
- The different data visualizations tools are there, one of the tool is spot fire.
Detail of Tableau training:
Tableau can connect to any data source this data connection can be a live connection or an extract. It cans also a saved connection or a published connection, tableau desktop training is used to create workbooks. These workbooks use data connections to create charts and tables. Users view this dashboard using tableau reader or a server.
- When we want create report by using different database sources. In that database sources or database servers it has many different servers like SQL, Mysql and sales force.
- By using this data sources, the report is creating in tableau system. When we create report in tableau the primary data has to be divided in to dimensions and measures.
- The dimension and measures are called ETL process or data warehouse process.
- Tableau training is a business intelligence tool for visual data analysis it’s basically a tool where users can quickly create and distribute interactive and dashboards in the form of graphs and charts.
- Tableau training has the ability to take data from several data sources including sales force, excel spreadsheets, tech files and several others and quickly create good visuals.
- Connect sample data source to have low assigns each filed in the data source is either a dimension or measure.
- A dimension it’s filed that contains discrete categorical information fields where the value is string or Boolean value, Boolean meaning true and false.
- Measures are fields that contain quantitative numerical information.
In this tableau architecture it has two main things that tar tableau desktop and TABLEAU SERVER. Tableau architecture it is also known as client server architecture, the tableau desktop is nothing but is a tool, it will connect with different data sources.
It will connect different data sources for building dashboards. The tableau server is most important in the client purpose. The main purpose of tableau sever is to receive dashboard from tableau desktop and it sends to a client.
Coming to tableau architecture in this tableau desktop is a browser; a browser is nothing but for connecting users to reports. Tableau is also available in mobile devices means the visualization reports are also variable in mobile devices.
Tableau desktop is it connects to the server and client for the purpose of publishing the visualized reports. After that it can build the dashboards. And the next one is tableau server is this it have different components, they are gateway load balancer, application server, vizQL server and data server and etc.
The workings of gateway load balancer are to it collect the correct request from users and send to the other components.
The tableau desktop training is for publishing reports and then it sends to a tableau server the response of this operation will take by application server, vizQL server and data server.
When users are type URL and requested reported gives in browser it is done by application server. The data connecting by different data sources this all be done by using data sever. The tableau reports visualized on the browser it’s responsible for the vizQL server.
And in this tableau server it also have different connectors namely, SQL connectors, MDX connectors and fast data engines. SQL connectors it will do different type of data base connecting to the tableau server.
And then MDX is for communication purpose and the last one is fast data engineering is for extracting tableau reports. Repository is responsible for store the personal data.
Tableau Desktop is nothing but data visualization application. It can virtualized any kind if report or any kind of data.
- And then it will produce dashboard in fastly within in minutes, it is more effective.
- Not only produce it also produces graphs and charts etc. Tableau desktop have two important components they are worksheet and work book.
- In this tableau desktop it will connect any data a source from spreadsheets to a data warehouse.
- And then it results the different graphical representations.
The main purpose of tableau sever is to receive dashboard from tableau desktop and it sends to a client. Architectural objective for any server environment for any infrastructure environment is always going to be how to create a scalable environment. We want support multiple concurrent requests on the server environment want to speed in the environment.
Tableau server processes:
Process is an instance of a computer program that is being executed in a tableau server. Each process will have own set of resources for example memory is type of resource and that resource will not be shared with other process. So processes can be grabbed can grab the resources and hold onto that and configuring the server environment need to recognize that and configure it in such a way that can support multiple processes on multiple servers.
Thread is an instruction of a process so if in an instruction set, there are multiple instructions that are computer that is software makes to the computer or a node and those instructions are enacted or enforced or exaggerated and terrible. Threads within process will share others will share the resource that process has grabbed a server.
Tableau server is a program that is running to serve the requests for other programs or other users. Server is a software but server sometimes also referred to as physical computer or an virtual computer. That can run more than one server processes or service.
Scalability is the ability of a server to support multiple simultaneous requests and when referencing the tableau server’s ability to support multiple simultaneous requests not necessarily making them faster. Scalability is not necessarily about making a single action faster although scaling up an environment mainly.
Tableau communication flow:
- When the request come from the mobile or browser.
- Gateway is feeling this request and then how these request being processes and who is building them.
- We know the SQL and the application server and the applications that are doing bulk of work with the repository, the search indexer.
- SQL is also done a lot of work with the data engine because data server to fetch data from the data bases its going to the data engine to fetch data from the tableau data extract.
- The application server is going and authenticating users; it is fielding search requests and sending then to the search indexer.
Difference between Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server:
- Tableau desktop development is for creating reports, charts formatting.
- By suing tableau desktops the data connection is done and extractions can be done by tableau desktop.
- Analysis process, statistical analysis and visual analysis all this done by using tableau desktop.
- More than ever before data and analytics are driving change but building analytics used to be a slow and painful process form lots of people involved and lots of time to get what I needed on the data analyst and use ALTERYX Training to get the right data and analyze it faster and easier.
- ALTERYX it is useful to know the data analyst it is help for the Tableau training.
- And then designing, creating, publishing and scheduling that can be happen using tableau desktop training.
- Tableau desktop is connected different data sources excise the information data from various data sources.
- Coming to tableau server in this dashboard create are shared with other using tableau server.
- Tableau server can do data sheet workbook management.
- So once the publish dashboard on to the tableau server it helps us to do content management or user management performance management it is nothing but load balancing in server management.
- Tableau admin automatically installed with tableau server and must be run from the server machine.
- Tableau admin can be used to automate administrative tasks such as backup and restore.
- It is also used to change configuration settings that are not controllable through the tableau server user interface such as managing ports or enabling access to the repository data base.
- Run the command prompt as an administrator will navigate to the servers bin directory.
- To make configuration changes with tableau admin the first step is to stop the server then enters the command.
- If it set command must be followed by tableau admin configure then restart the server.
A tableau developer is needed to integrate and extend the, means tableau platform is needed to integrate and extend with other tools.
In this developer it mainly has done three important steps. First thing is embed it means the content are anything embedded to a mobile devices. Automate it will done to remove tedious tasks and then customization.
Features of Tableau training:
- The new feature of the tableau training is to getting data from different sources.
- And the getting the data through a data connectors. They are different data connectors are explained in above.
- The data in tableau is high secured.
- In the tableau have spreadsheets and graphs with high resolution.
- Tableau training it is also easy to enterprise that means it is easily enterprise with direct communication.