Team Foundation Server Training
Introduction of Team Foundation Server Training:
Team foundation server training it’s a server product which fundamentally moves on the server and enables all of team members to work together with each other and the best part of the Team foundation server is that it gives totally adaptability to the end client by the way which you need to interface. Team foundation server it is does not confinement on the sort of what you call customer they need to associate customer you need to use to interface with Team foundation server and do task. TFS training is a central server product where software team member can connect and collaborate efficiently for a successful software project.
Microsoft TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER TRAINING at Global Online Trainings by excellent experienced IT professionals. Our trainer has good training experience so that best quality output will be delivered.
Prerequisites for Team foundation server training:
- You have knowledge on C# 4.0 and Asp.Net 4.0,
- Should have basic knowledge on MVC 4.0(Basic) and Entity Framework,
- Working in agile.
Team Foundation Server Training Course Content
Team Foundation Server
- Visual Studio 2013 family
- TFS architecture
- Installing & configuring TFS prerequisites
- Planning TFS Deployment
- Best Practise Analyzer
- A lap around Hosted TFS
Migrating to TFS
- Migration Options
- Upgrading from previous versions of TFS
- Migrating from Visual SourceSafe
- Migrating content to hosted TFS
Managing TFS instances
- Using the TFS Administration Console
- Configuring SMTP support for TFS
- Customising email alerts
- TFS Server health monitoring
- Changing service accounts
- Viewing installed updates
TFS Backup and Restore
- TFS Backup and Restore strategies
- Understanding the TFS databases
- Creating a backup schedule
- The restore process
- Refreshing the client data cache
Creating and managing Team Projects
- Creating Team Projects
- Understanding Team Project Collections
- Deleting Team Projects
Configuring Team Project level Security
- Overview of TFS security
- Configuring security using standard groups
- Understanding and configuring Teams
- Fine-grain security options
- Troubleshooting security
Advanced Security and Permissions
- TFS Server level permissions
- Setting permissions at the Team Project Collection level
- Setting TWA Access levels
- Restricting access in TFS
- Using command line tools for managing security
Source Control Configuration
- Create source control folder structures
- Setting project wide source control settings
- Setup and manage workspaces
- Understanding branching and merging
- Using the TF command line utility
- Using the TFS Rollback command
- Using the TFS Proxy to improve performance
- Backward compatibility using the MSSCCI provider
Managing Process Templates
- Understanding process templates
- Basics of template customisation
- Adding new fields to Work Item Types
- Adding new queries & reports
- Updating an upgraded Team Project
- Understanding the Reporting Architecture
- Adding new reports
- Creating ad-hoc reports using Excel
- TFS Warehouse & OLAP Cube overview
- Changing the Data Warehouse & Analysis Services Cube processing frequency
- Rebuild the Data Warehouse & Analysis Services Cube
- Build infrastructure
- Installing & configuring the Build Agents
- Overview of hosted build services
Overview of team foundation server training:
Detail about Team foundation server training:
- A successful software project is all about proper collaboration, in an software project will have different kind of people work in it for example will have management, CEO of the company, project manager, developer and end user etc.
- Each of these people collaborates with each other in a proper manner, then definitely of software project will be successful and every person in this project important event it is directly evolved.
- TFS team foundation server training is Microsoft response to software development management.
- The first version was released in 2005 and dependence on SharePoint making it very hard to maintain.
- Since 2005 there have been different versions and the latest one is visual studio online, has evolved to a very robust solution for development and management.
- The latest implementation of visual studio can even being used online called visualstudio.com and includes a lot of the latest methodologies for software development and it even supports chits and even has an easier integration with third party applications.
- Team foundation server training can be used either on cloud on premises.
Architecture of Team foundation server training:
Team foundation server training has two major parts one is the server section, on which the TFS server is installed and the second one is client who are connecting to TFS. Client’s means when different project member connect with the favorite tool.
The server part of Team foundation server training is the simple web application which is installed in IIS. Now one of the things in software project is reporting. In other words managers and customers would like to know probably how the project is doing how many defect other, how is the schedule going on etc.
In order to display reports Team foundation server uses SQL server reporting services. The other important product which is part of Team foundation server is SQL server. Any data which project team member push Team foundation server training get stored in to SQL server in other words its either developer who is checking in the code using VSTS or probably project manager pushing is project plan using MPP or tester probably in defect using the MTM or even it is everything get stored in to SQL server so nothing gets stored on a physical folder of hard disc. We provide team foundation server training tutorials and in this team foundation server online training we explains briefly description of TFS 2015 and visual studio in team foundation server training.
One more important component of Team foundation server training architecture is share point, the clients by which the individual can connect is the browser or in other words there should be some kind of mechanism by which we can expose this Team foundation server training data through the browser and SharePoint helps to the expose the Team foundation server data using the share point portal.
So the Microsoft TFS training is the combination of the SQL server, reporting services, IIS, SharePoint and then different client can connect to TFS like VSTS, MS office, MTM browser etc.
Installation of Team foundation server:
The installation of TFS it is basically in two ways, the first one basic installation. In this have a simple wizard, basically represents the team foundation server configuration. And second one is advanced installation, the basic it means, if we don’t want SharePoint and reporting just select this basic. For we want SharePoint and reporting services just go the advanced installation.
Windows azure platform is a set of services and technologies that enables you to easily benefit from the scalability and agility of cloud computing with the windows azure platform you can store data and build and connect applications in the cloud in much the same way you currently do an premises a simple way to understand how the windows azure platform works is to start with something familiar.
A local application setup typically have some hardware a server, you would have an operating system running on the operating system is an application it could be anything accounting software a line of business application. A website whatever its installed on server if the application needs it connected to a database which probably runs on its own special box.
There were also some other services that do specialized job access control security networking.
Creating a new team project in team foundation server training:
- For this we have connecting to TFS medium project, select the information version control.
- After this goes to the IIS and create web application and firstly create a directory.
- Team project is created flexible solution explore and create a sample first web application.
- The application is creating now the score as during the creation and browse to the source. Web application developed it deploy to devops.
- Team project templates there are three team project templates available in team foundation server 2015.
- Team foundation server training it allows two versioning control methods one is team foundation server and other is git.
- Open the visual studio and in order to know the all the information about team foundation server just click on the manage connections and connect to team foundation project.
- For team project go the project and my teams and click on new team project.
- This will start the wizard of your new team project on your foundation server and the collection that you have chosen.
- Just name team project whatever you want, and go to the next in this the template, they are three templates available.
- Click on drop down by default scrum is selected, scrum uses the scrum methodology.
Build controller and build agent for team foundation server training:
Build service is a window service that configure for only one project collection so we can only configure build service for project collection. We can configure build service for multiple project collection.
Also we have only one build controller machine so we can teams to build the controller multiple build the controller on the same machine. We have a hack or work around to install multiple controllers on the same machine but of course this is not recommended in production.
We can only use this for demo purpose; we can have multiple agents on the same machine this is depend on the number of processor that we have the code build agent is the doing the intensive work so depending on the processor the configuration will show the number of agents that we can install.
Have a machine that has a builder controller and another machine can has built the controller and install those us can install two controllers on the same machine. So we have machine that has built agents, we can install the video controller on the team foundation server training machine application tier.
But it is not recommended to install the agent on the application tier because as we mentioned the agent doing intensive work for building the application and building the project so we don’t want to slow our application tier for TFS.
The build controller connected to agents and we have another machine that has to build agents one of that agents connected to build controller and another built controller on are above build machine.
Visual studio team services vs. team foundation server training:
We work with a lot of customers who need to upgrade their TFS servers in order to keep up with the latest functionality that’s coming out form product group. Now granted the product group has done a lot of amazing work on the upgrade wizards. However in VSTS always on the latest and greatest code from the product team.
Instead of having to maintain the own servers and infrastructure for Team foundation server training you get offload that in to BSTS, so that means we are not managing any of the infrastructure.
Always the latest bits:
The product releases a new feature they generally release it to VST first since they get a lot of customer’s feedback they know how to do testing on those features and latest bits out of the product group when you are on VST.
The teams that are geographically dispersed, you can take Team foundation server training add an SSL certificate so that it’s publically available so the external parties or other teams can log in but these are the things that you can have to manage.
In VSTS the team member who has permission can log on wherever they are in secure fashion.
- The some of the differences in between the VSTS and TFS is that the VSTS has been operating the gap between the functionality and TFS has shrunk significantly.
- VSTS currently there is no integration in to sequel server reporting services. However the product teams are about to release some amazing reporting capabilities which extend the dashboards and widgets that are currently on VSTS.
- Typically TFS users and groups or managed out of active directory, so users get a single sign on experience and administrators can administer TFS through groups.
- However with VSTS there are two options for managing user access. When we customize process templates in TFS we need to use the word admin tools and open up XML files.
- On VSTS customizations are growing so you won’t be able to do as many customizations on VSTS as you can currently do on Microsoft TFS training however there is a great user interface for doing customization.
- SQL is the structured query language similar to java and C++ which are called programming languages.
- SQL is a query language which will help us query against databases and tables.
- Sql query and make them work against databases to store data or also to retrieve data.
- Data is nothing but collection of facts or particulars, he data stored in excel files. And also the data is stored in database and tables.
- Sql was initially developed at IBM in 1970s is open source anybody can use with free of cost.
- Sql is the standard language to communicate with the relational database management systems.
- Relational database management system is the basis for sql and for all modern database management systems.
- Sql is used to create new databases in any one of the DBMS like oracle, Sybase, MySQL etc.
- Sql is used to create new tables in a database and it is also used to insert records in database.
- Sql is used to update records in a database and is used to delete records.
- It is used to retrieve data from database and it executes quires against the database. Sql can set premises on tables, procedures and views.