Vhdl Training Introduction:
VHDL Training introduces the VHDL language and then provides a series of tutorials that demonstrate the running of Xilinx CPLD with the use of VHDL. It starts with some very basic and easy examples that will get the beginner in VHDL started comfortably. The CPLD board used in the tutorials can be built at home. The programmer used to configure the CPLD can also be built at home. The software used to write the VHDL code and program the CPLD is the free Xilinx ISE software (called Web PACK). In the tutorials it is run on Windows 7.It is possible to use a different CPLD or even FPGA board than the home made board, in this case the examples will need to be modified to run on the alternate board. Other CPLD programmers can also be used. By learning this course with global online training the trainee will get to understand the CPLD board circuit connections under real time consultant.
Prerequisites of the VHDL Training:
The person should have the knowledge of Building the basic design blocks of Digital fundamentals logic gates, muxes, decoders, and also flip flops, counters.
Objectives of VHDL Training :
- The trainees will be able to construct the complete VHDL Models
- ANs able to generate the logic functions using the VHDL
- Creating hierarch using VHDL Design.
- The basics of Digital Design will be thought
- Coding related with VHDL
- Crafting good hardware description
VHDL ONLINE TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
The Levels of Abstraction
The Entity & Architecture
The Data Types & declaration
The Enumerated Data Types
Relational, Logical & Arithmetic Operators
Signal & Variables, Constants
Process , Sequential , Loop & Concurrent Statement
Slicing & Concatenation
Delta Delay Concept
Arrays, Memory Modeling, FSM
Writing Procedures & Functions
Writing Behavioral / RTL Coding
Component declarations & instantiations
The Generate Statement
The Configuration Block
The Libraries and The Standard packages
The Local & The Global Declarations
Package, Package body
Writing The Test Benches
The Assertion based verification
Files read & write operations
Code for complex FPGA & ASICs
Generics Generic maps
Digital Design VHDL Training Course Overview:
VHDL Training will be used for the trainees to understand the design concepts. Vhdl stands for very high speed integrated circuit hardware description language. It is the IEEE industry specific a standard hardware description language High level description language for both simulation and synthesis purposes. The terminology basically used in the VHDL is HDL, Behavior Modeling, Structural Modeling, RTL (Register transfer level), synthesis and process.
HDL –Hardware description language is a software programming language that is used to model a piece of hardware.
Behavior modeling – this is a component which described by its input and output response
Structural modeling – this a component described by interconnecting lower level components to primitives.
Register transfer level- a type of behavioral modeling which is used for the purpose of synthesis.
Synthesis- Translating HDL to a circuit and then optimizing the represented circuit
Process- process is a basic unit of execution in VHDL.
The basic introduction for VHDL is
- Two set of constructs that are synthesis and simulation
- The vhdl languages is made up of reserved keywords.
- The language is for the most part not the case sensitive
- VHDL statement sare terminated with a semicolon(;)
- Vhdl is a white space insensitive case used for readability
- Comments in VHDL begin with “—“to eol
Design units in VHDL:
The main four entity used for the design of VHDL are :
Entity: the entity is used to define external view of a model (i.e. symbol)
Architecture: This can be used to define the function of the model (i.e. schematics?)
Configuration: This is used to associate architecture with an entity.
- Collection of information that can be referenced by VHDL Models (i.e. library)
- Consist of two parts: Packages declaration and package body.
Architecture of VHDL:
It describes the functionality and timing of a model
- Must be associated with an entity
- Entity can have multiple architecture
- Architecture processes execute concurrently
- Architecture styles like behavioral and structural