Windows 8 Training
WINDOWS 8 TRAINING COURSE INTRODUCTION:
Windows 8 is a significant departure from previous versions of the operating systems, offering new mobile integration, cloud storage, security enhancements. This course shows you all the features you will need to jump start window 8.1. Windows 8 Training provides secure, managed access to users from their non-domain joined windows device.
Global Online Trainings offers Windows 8 Online Training, Participates at any technical level learn exactly what they need to know at their own pace. It starts with the Windows fundamentals like working with files and folders and then moves on to advanced topics like customizing windows.
Windows 8 Training Course Content
Windows 8 Basics
- What is Windows 8?
- Starting Windows 8
- Using Touch Devices
- Exploring the Start Screen
- Introduction to Charms
- Using Search
- Introduction to Apps
- Adding and Changing User Accounts
- Shutting Down your Computer
Personalizing Windows 8 Training
- Personalizing the Start Screen
- Removing Tiles from the Start Screen
- Resizing Tiles
- Moving Tiles
- Customizing Your Settings
- Personalizing User Accounts
- Exploring the Control Panel
- Personalizing the Desktop
- Changing the Monitor Resolution
- Modifying Folder Options
Using the Desktop
- Working with the Start Screen
- Using the Taskbar
- Managing Multiple Windows
- How to Customize the Taskbar
- Creating Shortcuts
- Getting Help
Working with Files and Folders
- Introduction to Files and Folders
- Viewing Folders
- Opening Files and Folders
- Exploring the Computer’s Contents
- Searching for Files and Folders
- Creating and Renaming Folders
- Selecting Files and Folders
- Moving, Copying, and Deleting Files
- Using the Recycle Bin
Working with Applications
- Introduction to Windows Media Programs
- Using the Pictures Library
- Using the Video App
- Windows Media Player
- Burning Files to CD and DVD
- Creating XPS Documents
- Installing Additional Software
Exploring Print Features
- Printing with Windows 8
- Adding a Printer
- Working with the Print Dialog
- Working with the Print Queue
- Troubleshooting Printer Problems
- Installing Fonts
- Setting Up an Internet Connection
- Introduction to Internet Explorer
How to select and make objects move
What is Windows 8?
Windows 8 is personal computer operating system developed by Microsoft as part of Windows NT family of operating system. Windows is now competing with mobile operating systems, including Android and IOS. In particular, these changes included a touch optimized the windows shell based on Microsoft’s Metro design language, the start screen (which displays programs & dynamically updated content on a grid of files), a new platform for developing apps with an emphasis on touch screen input, integration with online services (including the ability to sync apps and settings between devices), and Windows store, an online store for downloading and purchasing new software.
Windows 8 Training Course Includes:
- Overview: This module offers a high level introduction to windows 8, including a discussion of the different editions as well as upgrade paths.
- Setup: This module examines the setup process for windows 8, including a walkthrough of an installation, changes in this release compared with windows 7, and how to troubleshoot implications of those changes.
- Activation: Learn about updates to product activation in windows 8. Compared to windows 7, the process & concepts related to activation have been greatly simplified.
- Windows user interface: Windows has been reimagined with a beautiful, fast, and fluid design. This module introduced you to new windows 8 training user interface.
- Windows Store apps: With the release of windows 8, Microsoft introduced the latest generation of apps. Windows store apps install and run per user, have clearly declared capabilities & are easy to run and remove without affecting the overall system. Windows 8 training module introduces the two categories of windows store apps and explains how they work.
- Windows Store: Along with windows 8, Microsoft introduces windows store. Similar in concept to other app stores, the windows store provides a central place to buy and obtaining the information about apps in windows 8.
- Apps included with Windows 8: In order to ensure the best possible experience for the new users, the windows 8 operating system will include several windows store apps preinstalled. This module introduces these preinstalled apps.
- Changes to the Desktop: While the majority of the changes introduced with windows 8 are focused on new windows UI, there are still many changes to the classic desktop experience. In Windows 8 training they range from UI changes , like ribbon in windows explorer , to the way that the desktop itself is loaded.
- Connected Accounts: Microsoft Windows 8 introduced a new concept called Connected Accounts. You can use it to sign into windows with your Microsoft Account (formerly known as Windows Live ID) and roam your setting between windows 8 PCs or seamlessly sign in to windows live services and apps.
- Start Up: This module discusses some of the changes to startup in windows 8. This includes hardware support changes that are important to the startup process.
- Hardware and Devices: This module offers advice for using your existing hardware to run Windows 8. Windows training it also covers the new baseline hardware requirements for receiving Windows 8 logo.
- Storage: Storage spaces, a new feature in windows 8, allow a user to combine the several disks into a single pool of storage. Windows 8 training provides for easier management of multiple disks and resiliency against hardware failure.